Faith leader vs mp10

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deadfett, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys i have mp01 but really want to purchase a smaller prime to fit in scale with the rest of the figures. My two choices are obviously the new masterpiece or faith leader my question is at approx 3 times the cost is the new masterpiece worth it or am i better with the cheaper faith leader?

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you have MP1 faith leader wont really give you anything new. MP10 however is the whole package of new prime, trailer and so on. yeah its expensive but it is a whole lot of cool toy.

*insert Igear need to stop KOing hasbro stuff comment here*

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Faith Leader: you're paying less money for an exact replica of a scaled down, cheaper made and blatantly knocked off MP-01 design that is outdated and noticeably smaller than MP-10.

MP-10: you're paying more for a larger officially made figure with a modified & better design than it's outdated predecessor, a fully revised trailer complete with repair bot and Roller, a diecast metal Matrix stored in the chest, a transforming blaster that stores in Prime's back, a Spike figure, a new energy axe and a mold size/design that is apart of the "new" Masterpiece series.

So in this person's opinion, yes, MP-10 is absolutely worth it and completely dominates that ridiculous Faith Leader KO. But I guess it all depends on your budget and how you display your figures.

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    The only clear advantage MP1 has over MP10 is size and diecast heft.

Iirc PP1 has neither. If you dont want to pay 250 for MP10 wait.for Hasbro.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

im going faith leader for my classics collection. here's why...

ive got the last shot prime and i love the mold for my MP collection.

i think i will love the size and price of faith leader and i dont need the trailer anyways.

$75 shipped? that's awesome.

i also think the MP10 will be too big for classics.

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Somehow I knew this topic would crop up again so here's a past thread with some useful information and pictures and testimonials: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/495966-pp-01-vs-masterpiece.html

MP-01/04 outdated? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To some of us, MP-10's overly anime stylized design and strange proportions are a bit of an eyesore. Bigger isn't always better, especially if someone is buying a Prime figure to fit into a Classics display, as well. Price, another important factor.

Bottom line, do some research, ask around, and use the Search function to look at past reviews here at TFW and elsewhere. Draw your own conclusions based on your own needs, tastes, and budget. Hope this helps. =)

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh don't get me wrong, I still love my MP-01 & MP-04 and would never sell them, but I can't deny they now look outdated (to me) compared to the refined and even slicker new MP-10 design. Just personal opinion of course.

But at the end of the day, I don't think FL or MP-10 successfully fit in with Classics figures. I've seen dozens of pics showcasing both of them, and to me, both are just way too big. So my recommendation for MP-10 is more for a stand-alone piece to be displayed with other similar sized Masterpieces - not to try shoehorning into a completely different toy line. That's all.

8. Timesynch

News Credits:
    MP-10's slicker and gee-whiz-newer, I'll give it that, but I don't believe he's necessarily better. His proportions and head sculpt just don't say "Optimus Prime" (as in the original G1 cartoon I grew up watching as a kid) to me.

As for shoehorning figures into displays, like personal tastes, collections and displays are also very personal and subjective. To me, PP01 works perfectly -- scale, price, aesthetics, accessories (I don't need or want an overpriced trailer but I love PP01's mini Megatron gun), etc. Who's to say MP-01/04 and PP01 or MP-10 are flat out wrong to stick in anyone else's collection or display? Only the buyer can make that call.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

really? i think with the upcoming ironhide and ratchet from igear being released, faith leader will really look good with classics. he's just a little bigger than them and grapple and inferno. that sounds like the perfect size to me. :) 

10. Timesynch

News Credits:
    +1

That's my plan too. =) PP05 van-brothers look loads better than the Classics/Henkei versions of Ironhide and Ratchet. Not to mention the possibility of an Ultra-sized third party not-Megatron in the works, which might fit in perfectly with Faith Leader, the Seekers, Grimlock, and the rest of Classics.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THERE is no comparison between Faith Leader and MP-10. As someone that owned both, this is going to sound harsh, FL isn't worth it in my opinion.

Upon receiving Faith Leader, I was pretty disappointed with how the plastic felt. The figure itself felt like a 10 dollar Big Lots KO. Hardly worth the 125 I paid for it during its initial release.

As for MP-10, I just can't stop singing that figures praises. Love the Transformation, design, and accessories! If the MP-10 price tag is putting you off; just wait and see if Hasbro will release him stateside. If that happens, you'll get an official Prime for under 100 bucks, and your Faith Leader probably won't be worth very much afterwards.:2c: 

You have time, at 250 bucks, I doubt MP-10 is going anywhere fast. It will probably take a lot of time to sell out, kinda like MP-04 did a few years ago.

As for classics' scale, I don't think MP transformers fit, but if you like it, do it, you don't need our permission. :lol 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]