Faith Leader by IGear

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Grimlock King, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Grimlock King

Grimlock King GRRRrrr me hate titles

Ebay:
    Has anyone preordered theirs yet?! Anyone excited about these? Maybe it's just me because it's in scale to my MP Grimlock. (I own two - regular and 8x). Aside the point, I was wondering if anyone else was ancipating these bad boys...

2. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I'm anticipating wailing and gnashing of teeth, mostly.

iGear's track record is lousy. The come up with neat ideas, produce awesome CG... then sit on it for a year and a half, while they come up with more awesome ideas and CG. Then, the final product, when it DOES finally come out is overpriced and/or shoddy.

Now, before you jump on me, yes, I know Faith Leader is a 'Partner Product'. And when someone actually clearly defines that for me maybe I will be reassured (Is iGear just marketing the product? Are they involved in production? What exactly is involved in this 'partnership'? And for that matter, who is this partner who developed Faith Leader?)

Until then... it's iGear branded. And, it's a neat idea. The CG looks good, the test shots look good. But then, so did the CG and test shots for the Ark Playset, and that was shockingly shoddy. iGear's production team has proven they can't be trusted to get interlocking squares right. If they have had any part of Faith Leader, then I expect this will be a disaster.

I hope I'm wrong. I'm hoping someone reviews this thing, and it's the next City Commander, and people like me are left cursing our skepticism and grumbling about aftermarket prices.

But... until then, I strongly recommend not getting your hopes too high. Because if they get crushed, well... the warning signs were there.