Customs: fairly easy question here, looking for paint suggestions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by yovnocrats, May 18, 2008.

1. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

i know this question has been asked to death, but i don't know where to look, i need the name of paint that you can put on already colored translucent plastic, and changes the color without interfering with being able to see through it. basically, i'm planning a custom of animated deluxe prime, and i need the windshield to be red, not blue. any help is greatly appreciated.

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Check out the sticky threads at the top of the Radicons section for more info, but a Sharpie marker and some Future should do you right.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

You can also get clear paints from Tamiya, among others.

But good luck. Trouble with trying to paint transparent parts is that you can only ever make the colour darker, and the original colour will almost always directly affect the final result.
    And blue is one of the worst offenders, unless it's really pale. The best you're likely to get is either a purple, or if you're really lucky, a dark crimson.

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

ramrider hit the nail on the head. also you may consider remaking the window from clear plastic then painting transparent over that i mean if you can i dont know the mold. also tamiya is my favorite for transparent color