Fair trade?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Mar 29, 2011.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've got a G2 yellow Devastator, complete minus handguns and non-combiner attachments (like the drill). I'd like a G1 original green in the same condition.

Would an even swap be fair?

2. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

I think the G2 (yellow) version doesn't go for as much as a vintage green set.

It took me a while (at least 5 months) to find an additional green set for an acceptable price on ebay. I already had a complete set but wanted another to go with my Crazy Devy parts.

I picked up a complete yellow G2 set in perfect shape with all instructions and complete cardbacks for under $50 shipped from ebay around the same time.

Mark

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah, G1 and G2 Devy's aren't really a fair trade. For the most part a complete G2 Devy is worth the cost of almost incomplete G1 Devastator.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The only thing that is equal to a G1 figure but trumps it in price is Classicverse figures.

If you can score a G1 Devi for your G2 Devi I would say run, don't walk, to complete that transaction.

5. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Yeah, an even swap seems like a pipe dream. Maybe an incomplete G1 Devy would be more fair (missing most of the hand guns and such). But hey, like Transbot said, if you find someone to make that trade, go for it.

6. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, the G2 yellow one is not worth as much... On the other hand a G2 Orange Devastator is a different story. Luckily I have all 3 :D 
    If you've made a deal, you came out pretty clean. Otherwise, I would offer the Yellow one and a little cash or something...

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Or just get a KO. I have the original and a KO. They are just as good.