Fair prices for Takara TFC reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark Magnus, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Hey guys,
    I'm looking to part with most of my book styled Takara reissues and was wondering what were fair prices for these. What I mean is prices you guys would expect to see being asked for these in the Junkion Exchange.

When I say fair, I mean prices taking into account their second-market value, but not being so outrageous that most fans wouldn't buy it unless an e-bay auction drove it that high. I'm looking for prices for all the TFC reissues from Prime to Stepper. I've looked myself, but ebay's BIN prices don't seem indicative of prices most fans would be willing to pay for these.

If I get good responses in this thread, look for my BST thread to be updated soon.

2. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sorry i have no idea about US prices but ones that seem to be worth more are

prime
    megatron
    sideswipe
    soundwave
    minibots
    insecticons

if that helps at all

3. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    Yeah, I've been aware of those being more sought after. But I'd rather have as much information before I post specific prices in Junkion. Thanks though :) 

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO, most people will equate fair price as equal to ebay prices...to be fair the list mentioned above contain the rarer ones.

5. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if there rarer, are they? but their definatly more sought after. Part of this is due to some of them not being released in the states. So i'm not sure how the astrotrain reissue will effect his price also soundwave may drop in value now the us release has been shown so i suggest you sell that quick. However minibots , insecticons and megatron will always have alot of value

6. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    Soundwave and Prime are probably the only two I'll keep.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Do you have Skids?

>.>

<.<

8. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you got a Soundblaster, I would be interested in that in about a month, when I have more money.

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I'd definitely check out the recent Ebay prices to get the accurate fair market value for them. You can raise or lower depending on the response. BTW I'll be interested in the following if you gonna sell them:

Minibots
    Hot Rod w/TM
    Kup & Wheelie
    Perceptor

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Starscream is also sought after.

Blitzwing - perhaps.

The best way to get an idea of price is do a search on completed item on eBay.

Soundwave may tail off a little bit...... but in the long run it's going to go back up again, since it's a lot closer to the original.

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Actually the main reason why the Takara book reissues are in demand (particularly in Asia) is because for completion's sake. Its like if you have No. 1 and 3, you need a 2.

A good example is Starscream. His first reissue is in lower demand compared to his book reissue version...at least that's the case in my country.

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It also depends on if they're sealed or not. If you have a sealed Megatron and/or Soundblaster I may be interested. :) 

As best I recall most of them went around $30-40 (most of the cars, astrotrain, stuff like that). Minibots were at least double that, probably a fair bit more. Too tired to think of the rest right now.

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I thought the Insecticons were quite common, last time I was at a collector's event in Milton Keynes, there was a guy with a couple of the sets, and he was trying to get rid of them for about £15 per set.

If I knew they were valuable, I wouldve picked up a few sets.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Because of a never-filled preorder from an unnamed website, I had to get Blitzwing and the Insecticons well after thier release. Release prices were $39.99 on both of those. I ended up paying $55 for the BW and $50 for the Insecticons. And that was only about 6 months after the release.

I've seen Prime pull down almost $200, Soundwave and Soundblaster can bring around $100, Megatron I have not even seen for sale in quite a while. He was $100 new, he's probably at least worth $150. Starscream usually goes for between $60-$85. The minibots will mirror this. Everyone else usually goes for around $30. Sideswipe has come back down in price with the release of the Hasbro version ( finally ). These are all MISB prices, mind you.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I sold a lot of my TFC doubles a wile back and got good value on them I should think you could get a good price both on junkion or eBay. There's a couple that might not fetch as much as you would have liked but for the most part I would say you'll have not trouble selling them.

If not you should!

You all should *gives evil stare of death*

16. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did all of them come sealed? It seems like the last few I got from TFSource never had tape on the top or bottom of the boxes. No sticky residue either, besides I doubt Curt would've tampered with them.

17. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

FWIW: I'm fairly sure that some of the initial run of Jazz and Prowl did not come with the outer box taped.

18. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
  19. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I can confirm - not all were sealed...well, at least in my country.

20. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Here's what I paid for my TFC collection:

#0 Convoy: $60
    #1 Meister: $35
    #2 Prowl: $35
    #3 Skids: $35
    #4 Tracks: $35
    #5 Smokescreen: $35
    #6 Megatron: $80
    #7 Lambor: $35
    #8 Inferno: $35
    #9 Starscream: $35
    #10 Soundwave: $35
    #11 Astrotrain: $35
    #12 Minispies: $35
    #13 Hot Rod: $35
    #14 Hound: $35
    #15 Stepper: $35
    #16 Insecticons: $37
    #17 Blitzwing: $35
    #18 Soundblaster: $60
    #19 Perceptor: $40
    #20 Kup & Wheelie: $26
    #21 Broadcast: $45

I buy all of mine from TFSource... Their prices are usually the lowest I can find at any given time outside of eBay...

Also, something to be aware of... When these figures first come out, if they're the ones that are high demand, grab them as soon as someone carries it because the price will only go up afterwards... This is for the ones like Convoy, Megatron, Soundblaster, etc...

The ones not in demand, you can easily wait a while and pick them up then they're on clearance... I did that for Kup & Wheelie...