fail proof decepticon plot!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by grunge, Feb 15, 2012.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    The Decepticons want energon right? So they go and try to steal it, or steal things that would be used to making energon right? And, of coarse, the Autobots come and stop them becuase the Autobots are sworn to protect all living things, and protect the freedom of all sentient lifeforms.

Well I was thinking ... since it seems to be possible to convert other energy forms into energon, wouldn't it be more plausable, of the Decepticons, to find a star system with no life in it? There has to be a sun out there with no planets with life on them. They could harvest the sun undesurbed becuase nothing would warn the Autobots. And even IF the Autobots caught wind of this, what could they really do? The Decepticons aren't hurting no one, just mining energon. By their own standard of justice, the Autobots would have to leave the Decepticons alone.

Am I right or am I wrong?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

You're right, but it never happens because it would be the most boring TF story ever. I figure the Deceptocons don't do that because even they would find it too dull.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well either that or they'd do it anyway, but there'd somehow be life on that star, meaning that those pesky Autobots would need to interfear as usual & continue oppressing the Decpticon cause of self sustenance.

4. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is just one thing I like about what IDW and Prime have done. They both make Earth unique and central to the plot, but in different ways. IDW had Shockwave sort of seed Earth, using some of his patented experimental technology, so that millions (billions?) of years later it would be bursting with Energon. Prime of course went a completely different/crazier route (don't want to get too spoilery if anyone hasn't seen it yet). I think I prefer the IDW approach on this, but they're both great.

5. flamepanther

That or infighting would cause the plan to fail.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decepticons aren't really workers, though. Usually they like to enslave whoever's around and make them do the work. I think that's why they try so hard to conquer Earth. It's not just an energy-rich planet, it's full of a slave labor force.

7. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    not really about the boring part. it would give back story to increasingly powerful decepticon warmachines. the question of where they are getting there weapons/energon/etc from would baffle the autobots. it would also put the autobots in a spot where they'd have to question their own morals and beliefs.

8. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    They don't even need to go that far. When I was a kid watching the show, the Decepticons were usually going after things that man had made. They'd attack the hydroelectric plant, the oil rig, the solar plant. Are you telling me that none of them ever thought "why don't we just make out own hydroelectric plant?"

Think about this for a minute. After they crashed into the ocean in MTMTE, the Autobots didn't go looking for them. After they got back on their feet, they could have operated completely underwater by drilling for oil or something else. Collected energon for months until they had what they wanted, and then built a ship down there too and blasted off to Cybertron. But no, they had to go steal rocket fuel that SOMEONE ELSE had made. And of course they know rocket fuel is found in rockets, so they attack the rocket base.

With all the time they were shown being sneaky and using their disguises to steal information, they couldn't have left Soundwave at the plant that made the rocket fuel to steal the formula? What a bunch of idiots.

9. flamepanther

I think the Constructicons (appropriately) are the only ones capable of working for a long time like that without a fight. Ultimately, most of the 'Cons enjoy making trouble, bullying others, and destroying things. As Starscream said to Skyfire, it's MUCH more fun to be a warrior than a scientist. Their behavior seems to support this. For just one example, what's the first thing the Decepticons do when they discover the pool of electrum? Why, they go nuts shooting eachother, of course! Now imagine a bunch of stir-crazy, impatient Decepticon hoodlums stuck under the ocean doing months of boring, tedious, honest work and tell me how you think that's going to end.

10. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    true the constructicons are prolly the hardest workers. now i have yet another idea ...

bu anyways ...

yeah they are lazy and dumb but megatron isnt, and theyd have to follow orders right? put shockwave in charge of it. he seems to have good work ethic.

11. flamepanther

Oh, they'd follow orders. At first. But then one of them accidentally annoys another and they all start fighting. Or one of them gets bored and declares himself leader. G1 Decepticon plots virtually write themselves :) 

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've sometimes wondered similar, like even on Earth why don't the 'Cons just build a hydro/geothermal/solar/whatever power plant somewhere out of the way, and slowly amass Energon? My conclusion was it's a Decepticon cultural mindset thing, in that 'Cons are impatient, and feel something is pointless if there's no conflict or conquest involved.

13. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    so basically, the Decepticons biggest downfall if that they need instant gratification otherwise they give up and fail?

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    No, the Decepticons biggest downfall is that they are 80's childrens cartoon villains.

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yep, and it didn't get any better for their kind once the 90's hit. It was even like this in Beast Wars when it came to the gadgets that Scorponok & Tarantulas created for an episode, as for the most part, they were completely written out for later shows. I mean, why wouldn't Scorponok just make the same modifications to his cyber bee that he did the last time... and simply shoot someone like cheetor who's at the time anyway, wasn't as strong as Optimus to fight it off & use it to his advantage?

However at the same time, if these villains are stupid enough to abandon their ideas because they failed once & not learn from their mistakes, then maybe they deserve to keep failing.

16. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    While your suggestion would work for a G1 like continuity, it probably wouldn't work in other continuities like Prime (where it doesn't appear that one can make Energon from other energy, considering how groundbreaking Synthetic Energon was).

17. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I asked this question to Optimus Prime, he said "freedom is the right of all sources of energy", yelled "AUTOBOTS! TRANSFORM" and rolled out.

18. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Having a fail-proof plan for the bad guys eliminates the conflict, and therefore the interest in the show itself.

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Their biggest downfall is that they're arrogant and believe work is beneath them. They like to think of themselves as "idea men" who think up the big plans and sit around ruling while they get other people to actually make the plans happen. And then they take all the credit.

Basically they're the supervisor/manager at any job you've ever had.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I like to think that there are one or two isolated Decepticon units somewhere out there in the galaxy who have hit on such a solution and have kept it to themselves, wallowing in luxury while their brethren continue to slog it out.