FACTS2006 haul (picture heavy)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ra88, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    FACTS, the annual Fantasy-Anime-Comics-Toys-Sciencefiction convention in Gent, Belgium, was as usual a blast. Had a lot of fun with the Dutch TF fans, and of course I scored some nice goodies, which I'll show of here.

Energon Wingsaber w/ the mini Wing Convoy, 30 euros (thanks Cyclone X!)
    MP Starscream, 110 euros (a bit expensive, but damn, I freaking love that toy)
    1/48 VF-1J, 90 euros.:ev:  Really an once-in-a-lifetime-bargain, especially when you consider for how much the 1/48 Valks run here (EASILY 180 euros).
    McF Medieval Spawn 2, 5 euros. Not a bad price for a nice toy.
    LotR Defeat of Sauron 3-pack, 17 euros. VERY good deal on that one, and since I already wanted Sauron...Looks like the whole 'bent weapons' thing was real, though. It's so bad that they make C-Vector Prime's sword look like it's made of diecast...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the definate gem of this haul: Berserker Garo! Paid 69 euros for it, and it was worth every single penny. This figure, ladies and gentlemen, is 1 kilo of pure awesomeness (NO diecast, but I don't even miss it). The only downsides to it are the semi fixed arms/leg movement at their Big Five positions (want to have him in a difference stance? Pop out the legs and arms), and that the included Kouga head doesn't come with a body, like the back of the box makes you believe. Still, he has a large range of articulation in the rest of his body (especially his arms), and he comes with a battle damaged Zaruba ring (which is made of the same materials as a real ring, save for the plastic that makes up the lightpiping parts). Very awesome figure indeed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That thing is awesome! From Ougon Senshi Garo, right? I recognise the name and the design but can't place it right now.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yup. :)  It's from one of the later episodes, where the main characters goes into a frenzy when someone important to him gets kidnapped. He goes over the 99.9 seconds timelimit, and as a result his armor starts to eat him while his demon powers turn him into that monster.

4. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, that Berserker looks totally eeeevil. I'm not familiar with that series, but it looks cool. Nice haul.

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Nice haul there, a lot of high-class stuff there. Scoring MP Starscream, a Valk AND Berserker Garo in one day would be like a dream come true for me.

Have you been collecting the Garo Equip and Prop series, or is Berserker your first?

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Awsome, you got a 1/48 Yammy. :rock 

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazing haul!

8. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I don't venture into the feedback forums so this is the first time I saw a comparison shot of MP Starscream with other bots. Holy Toledo is he small! Part of me is glad I cancelled my preorder, but I would still like to get my hands on it at some point. Nice haulage, congrats :) 

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Berserker's my first. :)  That stand also had Burning Garo, Zero, Kiba and Garo with Gouten, but since he only had one Berserker, I bought that first. I originally wanted to buy Garo with Gouten later on, but then I saw that VF-1J for 100 euros (a Belgium fan bought one together with mine, and we managed to get a 10 euros discount :D  ). I really wish I could have bought Gouten, but you can't have everything, unfortunately. :( 

10. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I absolutely love Garo! That Kouga ring looks sweet, too bad the pic is blurry.

Congrats on the haul, Bezerker Garo is definitely the highlight of your acquisitions!