Faction eye colors corrected... and other stuff

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Incepticon, May 18, 2007.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Not sure if this has really been pointed out yet, but it appears that they have now made the TF's eye colors faction specific like they were G1. Notice how the Autobots now have obvious blue eyes whereas before Ironhide used to have red. And now Megatron has red eyes as opposed to earlier version we saw with blue. Another nice nod to us old schoolers.

I'm also pleased to see that they added so much new color definition to Megatron. He now seems to have parts of gold & blue throughout his body instead of being just stark silver as we originally saw him. Ironically, that's probably exactly what's causing some of the confusion where people are wondering if they're looking at Megs or Starscream in certain parts of the trailer.

I also noticed (as I'm sure others did) that they slightly tweaked BB's battle mask. Instead of his eyes being huge black ovals, they now have ridges on them like goggles, and you can now clearly see his blue eyes shining through from underneath.

And of course there's the VERY noticable (and great) update they gave to Ironhide's head & face when coming out of the swimming pool. That's now, what, the third version of that scene we've seen? Awesome how we've been able to see the tweaks & mods as they happen from trailer to trailer.

I've been a naysayer the movie designs from day one, but I'll gladly admit that I underestimated their potential when in motion. Starscream in particular looks as agile and a master of his abilities as you would hope & expect a Con of that stature to be. Actually, I guess that goes for all of them - the way their transforms are so reactionary and perfectly in tune with their current motion & direction without missing a beat... just like animals with specific defenses and/or abilities... if that makes sense?

Anyway... chalk me up as another one of the detractors sitting here with his foot firmly in his mouth, and as eager as everyone else to see July 4th get here soon. 23 years of waiting for a live action TF movie is almost over, and regardless of my nitpicks, am appreciative to have finally got my geekdom vice made into film reality.

2. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Screamer looks amazing. I hated his design from day 1, but now, after actually seeing him in motion, he looks incredible.

I missed Ironhide with red eyes, I thought he always had blue ones right from the first trailer.

3. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's excellent how they are going G1 style with the faction eyes, as it should be since the movie is based on G1. Autobots have blue eyes, Decepticons have red eyes.

Though we've seen pics of Frenzy with blue eyes. Let's hope that they'll change his eyes to red since he is a Decepticon.

4. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Me too!

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Welcome to the light :D 

Seriously though it good that you're choosing to see the good that this movie offers Incepticon :) 

Now you finally see what I and other enthusiasts were talking about with the wait and see approach. Because now like you said, after seeing them in motion you became impressed with the fluidness and such.

It was said in another thread but this is just like Beast Wars/Beast Machines...Hated at first glance but when actually looked at you see it's not that bad :D 

And honestly you have a good eye, but then again I never thought about the eye color since eye color has been meaingless since Beast Wars :)  Autobots haven't had a distinctly blue eye color in years :D