Customs: faceplate for Buster Prime (can someone make me one)

Discussion in 'Requests' started by <3prime, Jan 23, 2011.

1. <3prime

<3prime Banned

hello,
    i have a Regular Buster Optimus Prime, and i was wondering if there is someone that could make me a faceplate that can attach to his face, and be taken off easily, to switch between the two, so basically be able to switch between these two faces.
    any help or suggestions would be great..

[​IMG]

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I think the only way to make it stick on, would be a friction thing (pinching his nose), and it would most likely rub paint off.
    Or to better answer your question, yes it would be possible to attach a face plate, but not easily switch between the two.

Randy!

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Or Blu-Tac. :p 
    I'm not sure, judging by those pics, that you could even use friction to hold it on; it looks like almost everything's too angled for anything to get much purchase.

My thought, depending on how the head is attached to the body (is it attached by a ball joint, making it easily removable?), is that it might be easier to have a separate swappable head.

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    if its like the US release all it has is a 360 degree swivel for the head itself you could be better off getting a second face all together that comes off and clips on to the rear half of the head

5. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

What if you made it magnetically attach? Maybe put a magnet inside the head? The faceplate can have a tiny magnetic strip inside it so it can attach to the face.

6. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that, but I thought I heard that head is a pain in the ass to crack open. and you'd have to get a really strong and small magnet for that to work.

I guess when i said friction on the nose I mant more in the inside of the blue "cheek" plates. there are little cavities around the nose and by the mouth that are deeper, and if there were little "fingers" or tabs that went in those areas, it's possible that it could hold.

A way I'd try this is to cover the buster face with some saran wrap, and then mix up some epoxy putty and try and work it around and down into those areas. once it cures you pull the part off, and shape the faceplate down. you could also use vaseline as a mold release, but if you dont' get it onto every part evenly, it could possibly lock. at least with the plastic wrap it's an even thin coating, and you dont' have any chemicals on the paint.

Randy!

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I'm not to mistaken Encline was trying to accomplish this very thing. whether or not he got it to work I'm not sure. I would send him a message and see what he has to say about it :) 

8. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd give it a shot but I dont have a buster prime to do this with :)  I think it would be very possible to do with your saran wrap method or with styrene.

Maybe a radicon has a mold or an extra buster head that would help make this happen?

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Requests go in the requests forum, so here we are!

10. knightwind12

knightwind12 Well-Known Member

hey i have bolth molds of the prime head and iv experemented it can be dont but it isnt easy