Facebook Offending

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trenner Dios, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

I have kept my friends list on FB fairly limited, so I have very few family on there, and I won't friend anyone I work with. I can be very vocal, and I will often voice my opinion on there without worrying about what people think, but it helps that I keep mostly like-minded individuals on my friends list. It's just my preference.

So I was wondering what the most offending or insulting thing you have ever said on FB unintentionally? I haven't done anything too bad, though recently I indirectly (and unintentionally) called a friend an idiot, though I don't think she saw the post. Felt bad about it any way. I also had some choice words for a group of people who will remain nameless, so I'll just call them "puggamos," then found out 2 aquaintances of mine consider themselves to be puggamos. No offense to any puggamos here!

Not very interesting, I know, but thought maybe others would have better stories.

Or you could just cool-story-bro this and call it a day.

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Said or done? I once entered a relationship with a fake profile and it seemed to offend my ex.

3. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

4. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Does this count? I haven't heard from any of those people since.

[​IMG]

Typically I'm not the type of person to care if I have offended someone because most of the time people use the term incorrectly.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I dont have facebook for this reason. My political and religous stances often offend and piss alot of people off. As far as friends go, I dont have many. They all kinda fizzled out of existance once I had kids.

My girl is on there and has a lot of her family on there. I enjoy watching them post racist, ignorant comments. I often ask them explain themselves in person.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Facebook offends me

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ditto..Found it useless and stupid so I deactivated myself :thumb 
    Plus what time I have to spend online..I'd rather spend it here. :) 

8. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here. I couldn't have said it better myself, MPL. :) 

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks, SGT..ya da man!! :thumb 

10. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Not an avid Facebook user, but I've offended countless people through the internet, ranging from calling people lazy to full-on biological failures.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Facebook is awesome. It´s a great way to kill time.

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I have fallen into the Facebook trap.

I tend to keep religion and politics off, as I live in Lehi, Utah. It's super-Mormon and very red here... So if I slip up, I would offend many people. I am a sarcastic bastard, however.

Add Dran0n as a friend, and I'll fuck with any subject matter!

13. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

I find Facebook stupid & useless as well. I only recently signed up to please someone else, someone who does alot for me so.. I'd better grin & bear it as they say.

** I just "Liked" a page at the suggestion of another TFW member.. maybe it isn't all bad :lol 

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  14. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I never got why so people go crazy over Facebook. The most I use it for is to talk to my friends for a little bit, laugh at the stupid drama that some people make, and then leave.
    I just never understood why some people either love it to death, or hate it with a burning passion.

As far as offending people, um...It wasn't me, but a friend of mine sent a message with a girl (Who I have been friends with since first grade) saying "Why haven't we had sex yet?" She got pissed, and I had to call her up and explain that I left my Facebook open and my other friend got a hold of it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'm starting to get that way myself.... can we get a TFW2005 app??

16. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I don't spend time caring about things I say, or what others say on facebook. It's existence is irrelevant, just a website like any other.... can't understand why people think about this place so much.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a Facebook account mostly just to have my name on the internet list of "people who exist", so that future generations can come across my page and realize that I did, indeed, exist. I only check it about once every 3 - 4 months and never post anything or respond to any messages. I'm sure I've offended some of the people whom I've added as friends and then never responded to...but then, half of them I can't remember how I know/knew them and the other half, I don't actually like.

The other, minor, reason I have a page is so I could join AVEN on there and boost the group's membership numbers by one.

18. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i try to keep anything i say there pretty tame. i do however find myself being offended by others. a few of my friends turned "crazy liberal" while they were in college. im not conservative by any means, but i start grinding my teeth whenever i have to hear a feminst rant.

19. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'm on Facebook a lot, but I just use it to check messages. I like keeping in touch with friends because it's more convenient then playing phone tag. I don't do all that stupid app stuff or games. I use the messages a lot to hold conversations. It's a lot easier than using AIM or other chat because Facebook is more popular.

As for stuff that I say: I don't have family members as friends because I can just go upstairs or to the next room to say something to them. I don't like offending people, but I wish I could voice my opinions about individuals without someone taking it out of context or the wrong way. But if I have a belief or way of doing something then I usually will share without hesitation. Especially about government, school rules, and moral beliefs, to name a few.

I'm not much of a people person when it comes to face-to-face, especially since I'm not involved with sports or stuff like that and it's hard for me to have personal confidence and Facebook (with talking to people with text) has helped me warm up a lot. :2c: 

20. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I hate facebook and what it does to people.