Customs: Face: Off !

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by deaculpa, Jun 22, 2010.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    So I want to alter the face of a fig, but Im not sure if its feasible. For my devastator project, I really want to wipe this stupid smirk off Hook's face (heavy Load's head). Im thinking I can file it off, but how would I go about putting in a new mouth? Im not aware of anything that fine that could get in there an make a clean little swipe to give him a regular mouth. Thoughts?

Im trying to avoid having to sculpt a face, its not my forte'.

[​IMG]

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yo D! I've done them two ways. I've carefully filed off areas of the face and if there's enough of the face structure left, I've used a hobby knife to carefully carve the mouth out a bit (did that on my WIP Classics Megatron head). Or you can use some sculpting putty (I use ProCreate, but you can also use Aves Fit-it Sculpt or even Mighty Putty). You can fill in the edge of the smirk with the putty, lightly sand it, then paint over it.....or you can fill in the entire mouth, let it dry for a while and try sculpting or carving a new mouth.

If you're looking for the easiest route, I'd simply fill in the corner of the mouth where the smirk is with either putty or even some super glue gel. After it hardens good, you can lightly sand it smooth with the rest of the face (using fine grain sandpaper) and paint it up.

Good luck, man! I'm planning the same thing to mine.......as soon as I locate that head again (took it off to work with and ended up storing it among the odd parts I have in small boxes). lol

3. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    rofl. i have no organization. just boxes...upon boxes.... of tiny little scraps of parts. yet somehow im able to find stuff. Thanks Brian!