Fables

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Boggs6ft7, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

If you aren't reading this title, you should be. I had read the first trade a while ago and wasn't ready to jump into the other trades.

Well I got the second and third trades for Christmas and I have to say I've been missing out. This is an amazing book. I feel sorry for my wallet, because I now have to read all the rest.

Really great storytelling on characters you are already familiar with, that is unless you weren't read bedtime stories as a kid.

Unless you like your comics strictly superheroy, give it a try, you'll like it. You should also probably read 100 Bullets, by far my favorite comic. I think Fables is now my second favorite.

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

well, this is my #1 title that i buy, and this is the only title that i buy both the comics and the trade...and one that i re-read the trades so often...

Jack of Fables isn't as great, but it beats majority of the other titles that i buy.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I've been following this book since issue #1, and the quality has never dropped on the book. I hope that it continues for a long while and doesn't end like my other favorite Y the Last Man.

4. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I love Fables and look forward to each new issue. I thought the first trade was a bit weak but everything after that was awesome. It has one of my all time favorite scenes too. I'll have to find it and post the shot.

5. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I also just recently picked up the 2nd and 3rd trades. I loved the first, liked the second and really loved the 3rd. My LCBS is having a 50% off sale this weekend, so I might spring for a few more.

6. Nightcrawler777

Nightcrawler777 Spooky-Bot

LOVE this Book..

I have all the Trades and the Bigby and Snow statues Signed by the Sculpter..

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yup, this and Jack of Fables are one of the main TPBs I get.

8. Nightcrawler777

Nightcrawler777 Spooky-Bot

But have you ever tried to explain the book and why you like it to someone...

Its really hard to do...lol...

9. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I just tell them to think about fable stories set in modern times and let their imaginations run wild.

10. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My WIFE loves this book. She buys them when they come out on TPB because hates that comics are so short. I read them this summer while we were at a cottage as well, they were enjoyable.

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    You can read? I thought you just look at the pretty pictures. :p 

12. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    This is an awesome book. I don't even remember how I started reading it. I think someone recommended it at a comic store....

13. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

My comic book shop has Vol. 1 TPB as a "we recommend this title, if you are not satisfied within 30 days with this title, we will refund you the full amount"

i joked around with the casher that whoever returns it, only did it for the refund, but will continue to buy the title as no one would not like it...lol

14. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with whatever dat has been said abt the series. it's really a great series by a veteran (underrated) creator in the comics scene-Bill Willingham.

So far i don't buy the single issues. i prefer the trades. i also hope the series will continue indefinitely unlike The Sandman which ends at around issue 60 something (i just can't recall)

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I just got into Jack of Tales's solo series through the local book closing down. While not as good ahs Fables, its certainly a fun read nevertheless. Definitely worth picking up along side Fables.

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

Sandman ends at issue 75. I got into those TPBs too. I stopped at number 8 because the series is SO damned good I can't live with the thought of ' no more Sandman'. So I'll pace myself and savor it like a fine wine.