Fable 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I played a LOT more of Fable 2 today, and I take back everything I said. I LOVE this game now.:D  I especially love the combat system and the setting, this is the first adventure/RPG that I've seen which takes place in a sort of 18th fantasy setting, very original and very refreshing. And if Hammer is any indication then there will be some unique and new characters along the way as well.:D 

2. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Gotten through the main story, liking the further quests that open up after that is done.

Currently known as the Chosen One, who is still a bigamist, but straightened himself out to become good and saintly.

Attached Files:

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I've come across an odd glitch.

My character is currently stuck in the "Jesus" pose. Seriously. He looks like he's nailed to an invisible cross. Nothing I do gets him out of it. Game continues on, and works fine, but just stuck in that pose. I don't walk anymore, I glide in air :lol 

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    BTW, so there are no more armors in this game? Just the coats and (I think?) late-colonial outfits?

5. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Not that I've noticed. But some look like they have a little bite of armor as part of the coat, like the Ranger Coat.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

There's nothing to boost an "armor rating". The only thing with combat stats are the weapons. Clothes affect your image. Scary/Attractive/etc.

As for the game, I beat the Lucien/main story arc. Kinda anti-climactic, but now I'll have to play though two more times to get the other two "choice" achievements.

7. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Best booze name ever, "Hoptimus Prime"

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Just beat the game. Bit of an anti-climatic final battle, but that choice was haaard (mine's a goodie-goodie twoshoes).

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I'm really enjoying it and taking my time, but I just came across some pretty big bugs. I'm not too far so I don't think this is spoiler stuff, but when you first have to fight an earth golem, I ran up to attack and he did a stomp attack or something and it pushed me through the ground and my character was floating below the area just in the blue backdrop in a position of falling. He just stayed there, and I could pause the game but it would only pause and not go to my menu to warp out. So, I had to restart. Lost about 45 minutes of play.

The second bug was during the mission where Balverines first show up. Without giving away any spoilers. you are walking around with someone and your supposed to talk to some girl and she is supposed to lead you to the next area. Well, the girl wouldn't talk to me. I didn't know what to do so I walked around and explored the area, found a couple Balverines, killed them, then I jumped in some water. The person following me stopped. I swam around for a while, got out, and the person was no longer following me. I ran over to them, and they just stood there. I ran back to the girl I was supposed to talk to, and she still wouldn't talk to me. AND the battle music from the Balverines played the whole time. I ended up going to the next area, and then POOF, in the next area both the woman and the person with me were there and talking about what we had to do. So, I missed some story for no apparent reason but at least it let me go on.

10. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    liking the game so far, loved the original fable and the lost chapters, literaly played them to death, finished the main storyline+ im buying up properties as fast as i can, its alot harder to make money in this game than the original, wher you could just bunp your guile up to maximum and buy+sell gems to the same trader....LOVING the head-shots, taking down 7-10 hollow men/bandits/high-way men as they charge towards you! seems abit short though, guess ill have to explore more!

11. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Gunslinger is the best. I head shot everyone before they close distance.

I just beat the main story, and now I need to go buy all the properties and do this new quest that I have been told I now have...

12. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Well I think I'm officially done with this game. I hadn't been having any problems out of my 360 until I started playing this title, and then I start getting a frozen screen once in a while. I figure, well, no big deal, it happens sometimes. Well, it keeps getting worse. Now I have the dreaded RRoD for the SECOND time, and after doing a quick Google search, it seems I am not alone. Beware, fellow 360ers and Fable 2 players!