Fable 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Oct 13, 2008.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I actually LOVED Fable. I'm frothing at the mouth for Fable 2 next week. It's the only reason I'm NOT getting Little Big Planet next week.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm definitely the opposite on that. Fable is still on my roster, but after playing Beta, I'll be on LBP first. I did enjoy the first Fable, but not as much as the three days with Beta. But knowing me I'll get both, so what am I saying.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just preordered it yesterday. Midnight release tomorrow night. I'm stoked.

4. DevilzFan

*shakes*

Is it Tuesday yet?

5. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

With you on both Fable and Fable 2 100%. I absolutely can't wait for the release. Loved the first game to death even if I did end up beating it in less than a week. Now I just need to blow through Dead Space so I can justify starting Fable II. No clue what the hell I'm going to do with both Fable II and Fallout 3...decisions, decisions.

6. Darkfall

Darkfall Savior of Shadows

Just a point, LBP is pushed back by a week now. Its been recalled due to "potentially offensive content" aka two passages from the Qur'an in lyrics of background music. More time to play Fable I guess.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well yes because I wouldn't have picked Fable up this week if LBP came out, so know, with them spaced out a bit I can. I will have to put a hold on Fallout, as much as I do want it. I'm stoked about picking Fable up at midnight. I might even dress up. Hell if there are freebies, I'll look lik an ass for an evening.

8. DevilzFan

I am frothing at the mouth to get this in a few hours and then play all night after work!

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got it, but I have to work in a few hours :( 

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Will wait on reviews and such before playing this, was really bitten in the ass by the first one (followed it since it was known as Project Ego and got waaay to hyped for it :( ).

11. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'll probably be picking it up in the next day or so. If I can find it in stock at a Gamestop.

12. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My housemate got her copy today. She's been playing it all day. Looks alright, but I never played the first one.

13. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

14. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I just picked my copy up 45 minutes ago. Will be online tonight! :D  Probably won't do any multiplay though until I get used to the game though.

15. seven

Anybody (friends) join is on by default, theres an option for Everybody, Friends, or no one then an auto join option.

Played a bit with a friend, I hadn't done anything so I just picked a neutral swordsman. It dropped me into the game just as a henchmen. I really, really hope that you're not glued together if you're playing your individual characters. As the henchmen we had to be relativley close to advance and the camera was just horrible since it would try and focus on us rather than give us each an individual camera perspectivel.

Started single player afterwards. I always thought the dog was a gimmick that I wouldn't care for at all. Its so awsome for some unknown reason though. Got the chest to give me the Hal Armor (Halo Armor) and my web game rewards (Chicken suit, Hero Doll and a feign fight expression). the Hal armor and sword are pretty slick, the Hero Doll is sporting Union jack underpants.

I've also taken great pride in holding farts for long periods of time, occasionally I'll let it slip so I crap my pants just for the hell of it. My ultimate goal is to join random peoples games and crap my pants then leave to the next random.

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ...you can crap your pants in the game?

17. seven

Yes. Theres an emote for fart, press it and you fart. If you hold it a swinging meter comes up with the area for success getting smaller the longer you hold. If you land outside the area you crap yourself. My juvenile mindset finds it to be one of the greatest accomplishments in a game.

18. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This. A friend of mine popped in and we were talking about the same thing. It seemed like he was just there along for the ride.

And this. My buddy and I got into the cavern where you step into the light, and the woman was speaking about its importance. I stepped up into the light, my buddy standing beside me... and I try to fart so hard I crapped my pants. We laughed a good 10 minutes off and on about that. :lol 

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really loving it and the world is nice, lush and big, and best of all, no mini zones like in Fable 1. I think Sparrow controls a little sluggish, but that's probably because I've been playing Twilight princess a lot and Link moves a bit swifter.

Otherwise, from what I can tell, this game rocks!

20. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is the aging process in the game? If it's like the first one then I will pass.