Fable 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Come on!!! Nothing on this game??

Let's do this. It comes out next week, and while the first one was a flatulent gasp of hot air, this one looks a bit more promising.

The first one was far from bad, it just didn't deliver what 90% of Morrowind did.

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

looks good. i hear it has coop?

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, sure does. And I definitely want to try it with someone. But Damn, man. LBP next week, and then I just bought Silent Hill. Something's gotta give.

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

shiz yo. i might have to quit my job and my crack habit.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If people got paid for being Coo', you Twist and I could start our own company. Board, Scoop and the other Wipeout gang could manage separate departments.

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm really excited for Fable 2. Even if the first didn't completely deliever, I still love playing it.

I can't wait to play with my AI dog.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    If I wasnt broke, I'd have put this game on pre-order. I might end up trading some stuff in for it, but its not looking likely. Bugger.

8. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's ok, I forgive them. I just want a good game.

10. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

It's a shame that the content of the special edition's been gutted due to an admin fuck up though.
    But this does mean it's now dropped to the same price as the regular edition.

And hell yeah I'm looking forward to it, thief type character first for me again I think.

12. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

13. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

It's been dropped by $10 but its still $10 more than the regular edition at $69.99, it was originally $79.99.

Fable 2 is one of the few games I'm actually going to get this season. I had a family member destroy my phone bill for two months in a row (on accident). They're not well off so my game budget went from about $800 this holiday season to just barely $200.

I didn't get into the first one, I barely played through the tutorial part at the begininng and gave up. Once Lost Chapters came out on PC I really, really got into it. By then all the promises were long forgotten (I hadn't paid much attention anyway, so I wasn't aware of most of it) and I ended up sinking far too many hours into it.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

Really? Damn, over here it's been dropped (well, my preorder at least) to £39.99, the saqme as the regular version.

I see me investing far too much time in this, but then with Fallout 3 dropping shortly after I'll be RPG'd out for a while

15. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am excited for the release of Fable 2! :D  Of course, I won't be buying it since money is tight right now, but I'll definitely be renting from Blockbuster. :)  Contrary to what everyone else, I thought the first one delivered spectacularly. Of course, this sequel is gonna completely blow it away.

I'm also excited for Fallout 3, which I'll also be renting. :) 

What will be most interesting is to see how both games fare up against Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, which in my opinion is the best RPG of all-time. :D 

16. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Damn Fable 2 next week then a week later Fallout 3! I think that's all I'll need for the rest of the year, for sure!

17. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I almost spat out my soda reading that!

Okay, I wasnt drinking at the time but... whatever, shut up :D 

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Fable, I played the 1st one, but I only did the story, not any of the side things. Is it still played like an action game?

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the first one at least, the side elements were like a glorified SIMS, so I'm hoping this refines it a bit more. Like I said, when I read what Peter had in mind for the first one, I thought (best game ever), but I ended up finding everything (with the exception of the character falling in love and marrying) in Morrowind, and then Oblivion, so he really didn't do anything new, or better. But it was still a good game, and not one to be missed, but I'm expecting a lot more out of this one.

But unfortunately, someone just reminded me about Fallout, which I actually want more than Fable, so yeah, I'm screwed. That and 8 player coop story mode on Resistance.... I'm really screwed.

19. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

The 21st is rough. Fable 2, Spiderman Web of Shadows, and Little Big Planet. I'm gonna try and get 2 of the 3 (F2 and LBP unless SM gets great reviews). I wish the Toys R Us B2G1 sale was that week. I might buy some random games and see if I can make an exchange though, if I have the money this weekend.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I didn't care about the promises PM made, I found Fable to be probably the best Xbox game (exclusive to that platform for consoles). It had some really nice music and atmosphere and I had a lot of fun with the controls. Honestly, it felt like what I'd want an ACTUAL current gen Zelda to play like. Morrowind was great for the first few hours, then I found it teetered out and the actual gameplay was just "eh". Lots of options didn't really make up for that.

Anyways, I'm pretty damned stoked for part 2. I haven't really read too much on it just because I know it's something I'm going to own and I know its co-op. So far, the screenshots I have seen don't really look that much better then the original, but I'm hoping that's due to more happening in the environment and larger environments in general. There's only two problems I see with Fable 2:

1. Fallout 3 a week later
    2. Gears of War 2 a week after that

Oh, and Little Big Planet comes out the same day. Still, I will probably play Fable 2 first.