FAB Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by soundwaveCA, Jun 1, 2007.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow! Again another surprise gem!

With the disappointment of deluxe Brawl I happened to be at TRU tonight after work as I wanted a new deluxe BB after getting a defective one. Happened to see this guy and was like wow he really looks good, and good thing FAB's are packaged in bot mode or I would have missed this completely.

Robot mode I have to tell you THIS IS WHAT BRAWL SHOULD BE! FAB maybe intended for the younger amongst us but there is nothing kiddy about this toy. Far more impressive then deluxe Brawl, no sloppiness and actually holds together, this toy is solid. Wile he is a FAB which does entail the simplicity that comes with the line this toy is pretty detailed and can move around pretty well. The only thing his bot mode lack is arm movement, can only really move them up and down, but the rest is great, can move around everything else just fine. Tank mode is pretty awesome as well. Again like the bot mode it's bigger and more impressive then his deluxe counterpart. Again like his bot mode my only complaint is you cant move his main turret around.

Overall this is one awesome toy. My recommendation is give deluxe Brawl a miss and pick up this bad boy instead, its what Brawl should be!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1332989&postcount=4387

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    This pic useless without a thread.

:D 

3. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can you post the tank mode?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Just when I thought Brawl couldn't get any more ugly.

Oh well, the only FAB I was going to get was Frenzy anyways.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That does look pretty good. I might have to look into this one. Brawl's the one where all three of his versions have pros and cons to my mind, so right now it all depends on how much the Leader version wows me.

This one definately looks decent, and stability is a massive plus. Not sure I like the lack of arm movement. I'm happier with lots of arm movement and sturdy, unposeable legs as a rule.

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I just got this guy today and shock of all shocks...

He's better than the deluxe in almost every way.

How'd that happen? Anyway, skip the deluxe in favor of this guy.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Saw him at Meijer, almost bought him, except I alreay had a handful.

Damn, I should've gotten a shopping cart!

8. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Shait! I should have gotten the FAB version now I saw the pics posted by Soundwave.ca. I was looking at the box/toy and I thought there were no knee articulation and went for the deluxe instead (which I think is pretty crappy now that I have transformed him and have that stupid arm peg problem)!

But there is always tomorrow...*rub hands with glee*

9. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    He's okay, but not as incredible as the original poster claims it to be. Detachable turret? C'mon. Missiles that wants to fall all the time? C'mon. Still good by FAB standards though. Wish he had elbows.

10. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Not bad! A bit less blocky than the Deluxe one (as far as I can see) so that's a plus - If I see him I'll grab him. I love the design, but am afraid to touch the Deluxe on my shelf because of those damn shoulders.

11. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked him up & i have to agree,better than DELUXE!

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    By the sounds of it, I just might have to get this one, then. Still holding out to see what the Leader is like, but I'm sure I could give this guy some elbows. All I'd need to do would be use those spare Revoltech joints I've got...

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Great toy, but with a high grade knockoff feel. A little swollen and hollow feeling, but still loads of fun.
    I do wish the deluxe version was this big, or bigger.

14. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I reckon it looks better than the DX

15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    How about a comparison between this and deluxe please?
    I'm finding it hard to believe that this is a better toy.

16. jonwes

jonwes Active Member

It does look a bit better in package, at least. But I didn't buy it because his head looks very big, and he sort of look like he doesn't match the other toys.

17. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No camera handy for pics, but a verbal comparison:

First and foremost, the deluxe's shoulder peg problem is a flat-out deal breaker. I thought that I'd be able to handle it, but it just sucks the fun right out of an otherwise great toy. Obviously, the FAB doesn't have this problem.

Tank: Deluxe is sculpted and colored more accurately. But for whatever reason I find the FAB just looks better. All matter of opinion, of course.

The deluxe can rotate both turrets. The FAB can only rotate the smaller secondary turret. Neither version can raise either turret.

The FAB tank is bigger. Neither are big enough to be in scale with anything other than the LOCs, so take that as you will.

Transformation: The FAB requires removing the secondary turret and then pegging it back on a separate location for bot mode. Deluxe has no parts-forming.

They both have roughly the same automorph, only the deluxe flips the front treads up over the sides of the tank and the FAB rotates them forward.

Both have the rear of the tank form the legs.

The deluxe has the top front of the tank form the bot chest. The FAB uses the bottom front of the tank.

The deluxe wears the main turret as a backpack. The FAB splits the main turret and hides it on the back of the arms.

'Bot mode: Arm kibble aside, the FAB is more movie-accurate.

FAB can only move arms up and down at the shoulder. No latteral shoulder movement or bicep. Deluxe can do all that movement stuff, but the biceps are super-wierd and a bit restrictive, and the wonky peg injects huge amounts of frustration into any shoulder movement.

FAB has a bigger head from a proportion standpoint.

FAB has bigger backpack missle launchers.

Deluxe wears the main turret cannon on his forearm like Megatron's fusion cannon. FAB has a smaller machine-gun looking thing on his arm and hides the main turret cannon behind his arm.

Legs are about the same on each. And neither is all that stable for action poses. Both have knees.

The FAB has a rotating waist but it is on a spring for kung-fu action punching or whatever.

18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Cheers Cheebs, I've yet to see either in person though so I guess I'll just wait until I can mow.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Awww man, I saw his face in another gallery and it's way less ugly than the deluxe. Combined the Cheebs' comparison, I might have to get him.

20. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    After the "74 BB sucks" hysteria, now it's the "FAB Brawl owns DLX Brawl". DLX Brawl, save for the shoulder problem, is superior in every conceivable way to FAB Brawl. Better transformation, better articulation, better sculpt, better gimmicks, no part to remove, missile that stays in place.