F.O.C. Bruticus, buyer's remorse. :(

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mega-Prime 316, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

OK, so I received these figures last week sometime and finally got around to opening em up and played around with them. Transformed them then combined them. What a TOTAL disapointment! I saw a bunch of pics online and thought that it might not be that bad in person and thought maybe I could transform it somehow to make it look better or something. Aside the usual gripes about colors used, the back gun turret on Onslaught which is suppose to peg on his back in Bruticus mode, just falls off all the time, the gun from Brawl is suppose to peg into Swindel's gun barrel to form the BFG, but the peg hole is too large and they fall apart. Not to mention the very limited posablity of this thing, it is pretty much a brick! Maybe I got spoiled by recent 3rd party combiners?

SO what I was wondering, is there anyone out there that has managed to figure out a way to make this big plastic turd look half decent??

*Sorry guys I ment to post this in General Discussion or Toy Discussion, maybe someone could move it for me? Thanks*

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    There's an entire thread in the Toy forum about alternate transformations.

I was a little put off by having a very loose Swindle, and having to apply excessive force to attach the limbs to Onslaught...but in the end, Bruticus does look very good, IMO. I like him. I had no problems with weapons falling apart.

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    1. this actually belongs in either the toy forum or the "FOC Bruticus hate" thread

2. you are clearly spoiled by 3P figures because these guys are amazing. there are countless alternate transformations for the combined mode and he is quite poseable. he doesn't always photograph well but he is much nicer in person. as for the pegs, you just happened to pick up a set that had some slight manufacturing errors. considering this is Hasbro's first traditional combiner in years, he really is a great figure. and if you don't like the combined mode, just separate them. they all have beautiful robot modes.

3. there was an alternate transformation thread for him somewhere in the toy forum

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    As long as you don't look at Swindle from behind, he looks pretty good :D 

5. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yeah :lol 

6. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

Personally, I couldn't really say that any of the 3 versions of the FOC Bruticus set truly appeal to me. The SDCC version, while game accurate, looks very drab with all the dull earth-tone colors. The retail version looks like it belongs in Adventure Time to be quite honest. And the G2 version...I had it on preorder only because it was the least expensive version (canceled it and put FE Optimus and Bulkhead on order instead).

I've heard very polarizing views on the set. Most of the YouTube reviews range from "he's passable" to "h0ly cARp guYZ thIz scuksss!!!" But some of the pics taken in the Let's See threads make this set look glorious, especially after making a few fan-made adjustments to the arms. I'd definitely reconsider the retail or G2 versions after a price drop. But there's no way in hell I'd pay for the SDCC version. All the negatives I've heard do not justify some of those scalper...I mean, eBay prices.

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a thread on the Toys forum for mistransformations that *improve* his display A LOT.

Now, if you're one to have bought some of the 3rd party combiners... you're bound to hate FoC Bruticus by default... but realize the budget/price-point for the figures. As deluxes meant to be ~15 bucks each... they made numerous sacrifices. This is as opposed to say TFC Hercules, where each bot is Voyager scaled, and their price point was 80-100 bucks each figure. Even the FP Munitioner/Explorer upgrade banked on each part of the set being 50ish dollars retail price.

That said... I do think they could've done better, however. The mistransformations are one indicator of that... and also, Onslaught should've just been made a Voyager. Big fault in the figure is how puny Onslaught is... even compared to other Combaticons! (I think two of them are taller than he is even!)

8. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-bruticus-alternate-transformation-guide.html

The thread don't contain my favorite alternative transformation, but whateva. :3

Onslaught should've at LEAST been the largest Deluxe. Why is li'l Swindle the biggest though? I mean it'll make sense for the Wreckers remold, but Swindle just feels like a 'smallest member of the team' guy to me.

Maybe it's the yellow.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    It seems you're doing it wrong.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Put him in whatever the fan mode you want, this thing is still horrible......even the G1 version of himself is better like 1000 times than this. When you are a transfomer and your G1 version is better than your 2012 version, something is wrong with the manufacturer. In fat, Im yet to see a combiner from energon to this time that is better than a G1 one, and this is not comming from a G1 - only fan, because I think Railracer and Landfill are much more nicer than this new Bruticus.

11. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

Luckily I won't have buyer's remorse because I cancelled my preorder for the G2 deco. So much more out there I can focus on instead. :thumbs2: 

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I just pre-ordered and paid for Fortress Maximus. I'm not sure if I should now cancel my G2 Bruticus preorder to save some money. It is cool, but I wasn't expecting Fortress Maximus to be released soon after.

13. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

That's EXACTLY what I did. Screw FOC Brute. It's not that impressive anyway the more I think about it.

14. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I for one really like FOC Bruticus. To me, I love how all the modes work together so well. Of course this is coming from a guy who has only had one other combiner (ROTF Devastator) so it might be a little biased. But I found some fan-mode transformations that make him look so much better.

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I only really like the look of Onslaught. The other molds don't look that great. The yellow is a nice color scheme but I think I would be just as happy with the retail Onslaught. I don't really care for Bruticus. If Fortress Maximus hadn't been released, I would have no problems but now I have to cut back on purchases.

16. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

I really really love my Bruticus. My only problem with him is the pin holding Swindle's shoulder on to his body is loose, and i have to keep pushing it back in. Which is making me very nervous. BUT I still love him.

Oh, and by the way, I'm about 97.8% sure that a third party (FANSPROJECT) will release an upgrade kit. How could they pass that up considering the success of the ROTF Bruticus upgrade kit?

17. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cancelled my G2 Brut a while back too. Figured I'd not risk buyers remorse, then the headache of selling a G2 deco that only some folks might be interested in putting more than retail value towards it.

Got him preordered in retail colors... because at the very least, it'd be good for kitbashing eventually.

18. orangeitis

Ebay:
    I hope that whatever upgrades FoC Bruticus has, it involves making Onslaught's vehicle form better. That's my sole complaint about the mold(s) so far.

19. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    agreed. it's a decent figure in robot mode (IMO) but his alt mode needs work. hell i wouldn't mind a whole new figure in voyager scale with four different decos. but if it's the price one of the Herc components, no thanks

20. orangeitis

Ebay:
    What's sad is, I'd probably buy all 4 decos if they weren't Herc component expensive. :lol