F* Megaman 9

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Moroni Prime, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    So I'm reading a thread about IDW, and randomly I see
    So I'm like, wtf? What's wrong with megaman 9? Why don't people like it? I downloaded it for the Wii, and I thoroughly enjoy it. Especially the Protoman mode.

So now I ask of all you folks, What are some pros AND cons? Don't just post "omg megaman sucks", or "F* megaman", etc... Please list reasons, both good and bad, likes and dislikes. What do you think they could/should change, if anything?

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    a con for myself is its too hard, but the challenge may be a pro for someone else.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I beat it on normal, and loved every minute of it. Then you have Twin Twist who curses it because it is hard. He's new school now. :lol 

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

haha it's a sad day when you lose your old school edge.

The only thing that is wrong with Megaman 9 is that it isn't an endless game that would fulfill all my old school gaming dreams on a constant basis.

other than that it's gravy

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thoroughly enjoyed it.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

It's not as good as Mega Man 2.

F Mega Man 9!

Also its balls hard :( 

7. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I've never beaten a single Mega Man game. *The* reason I didn't buy it for the Wii. If this one's considered to be the most difficult, or among them, then I have no chance of even getting through it half way. No thanks.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Mega Man 2 = best....Mega Man 2 = easiest....coincidence, i think not :lol 

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    My only problem with Megaman 9 is it's such a step back for the franchise. I appreciate the retro game scene, love old school games... however, the classic Megaman is one of the few major franchises to never properly take the jump to 3D and it's one that could probably pull it off better than, say, Sonic did. Yeah, Megaman Legends was 3D, the later X games were semi 3D, but everyone still wants to see the classic blue bomber. Make a classic style Megaman game, fine, just don't make it #9, especially when you've disabled some of his techniques he's had for so long just to make it feel like an older game, just make it a side game and wedge it in somewhere, Megaman 2-2 or something. I waited years to see Megaman 9 come out, I wanted to see it evolve at long last. No such luck.

10. McBradders

FFVII Syndrome.

11. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    mm9 isn't THAT hard. Just bumslap Fishlady first, and get her oh-so-cheap trident. it lasts what seems like forever, and it causes some nice damage.

Also, Galaxy man, if you're careful of those swoop-down-and-grab-you things, is the best level to both 'reach a bosses room without shooting', and 'reach a bosses room without taking damage'.

Another tip is for getting loads of powerups and TONS of bolts. Go to plug mans level and equip the Jewel Satellite.

As far as cons are concerned, two of mine would be the removal of the slide, and the removal of the upgraded megabuster from mm3 and mm4 respectively. Although admittedly, it's nice to not have to rely on gimmicks, makes the game more of a challenge. Although I would appreciate if they bring those back as downloadable extras somewhere down the line.

Another con would be the overused music from mm2. I can see the classic music being reused for the boss introduction, but that would be about as far as I would've gone. They had over 10 years time from mm8 to make mm9, they could've at least done more original songs. I have to say I like Tornadomans music and Concretemans music. Concretemans music at first reminds me of Woodmans.

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    ^This! Plus, to me, the difficulty seems forced. Like they were saying "Nintendo games used to be hard -we have to make this one really hard!"

13. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Yes. There's a lot of 'fake' difficulty in the game.

Actually, my biggest issue is that it just has some lousy boss weapons.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The game could still be hard but how about a save anywhere feature. Back then the only game with a save feature was Zelda but now there is no excuse. It's so F'in frustrating starting over because you missed timed a jump. A simple save feature would have helped out.

15. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I beat this game in about 3 days using Mega Man. Would have been sooner if I didn't have to work. Haven't beat it with Protoman yet. Does the PS3 version have Trophies? I have it on the Wii.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got it the day it came out for Wii. Liked it but didn't love it. It is hard and it sucks that some of MM features were taken out, but overall pretty much what I expected. I think I would have been a lot more enthusiastic about it if I didn't have the Mega Man collection for Xbox and having played through and beat all of those games a year or so ago.

17. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i don't think there's anything wrong with it. it was game of the year 2008 in my opinion. i'd love more games like it to be honest. anyone whining about the difficulty is a spoiled wimp in my opinion.you want difficulty? i've played through and BEATEN bokosuka wars, and i still have no idea what i was doing.

18. McBradders

Difficulty does not equate to fun.

Bionic Commando managed to get it right, was challenging but not infuriating.

Megaman 9 was just the level designers fucking with you.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I've played MM9 on a friend's Wii, and while it's definitely harder than, say, MM7, nothing beats the difficulty of MM6, ESPECIALLY Plant Man's level. I own the 20th Anniversary edition MM games for Gamecube, and Plant Man was the only robot master I've never faced because his level is so damn hard (I've killed every other robot aside from him, and while Jet Megaman would help, I have no clue how to get it!). Giant ape tanks that take forever to kill, the necessity of jumping perfectly over flying fish, and the relative ease of dying at anytime in the stage just is too much.

20. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

the whole point i was making was that mega man 9 *wasn't* too difficult. i beat it the day i downloaded it. the shop made it extremely easy to farm e-tanks and 1ups so a lot of the challenge from the nes games was gone. to a newcomer, this game would be much easier than mega man 2 or 3. those games only seem to be easier to people nowadays because you've played them over and over again since childhood. as well, i found the level designs to be some of the best in the series. the difficulty wasn't too hard, it just didn't spoon-feed you with save points like most modern games do.