F#$king wal-mart.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Dec 27, 2008.

1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

After I bought a starscream that I was missing pieces, I , of course, took it back to wal-mart. *sigh* I specifically told them not to put it back on the shelves, but what do you know, they did. Luckily, I didnt put it in right and it was a mangled mess so I dont think anyone would fall for it. I have to take a bulkhead with a broken head back to target, lets hope it doesnt happen again. This happen to anyone else?

2. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

So why do you care? Wal-Mart always pull's that shit most of their employees don't give a shit....:2c: 

3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    So, he shouldn't care that someone else gets screwed over? :peoples: 

I applaud his compassion.

If only more people gave a sh** about someone other than themselves...

4. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I remeeber pre-walmart's domination of the market, there was a store called Riche's near me that was the 80s equivilant of walmart, I remeber seeing a headstrong on the shelf that was broken and obviously a return, so me being the innocent little kid I was took to to thier guest service and explained it was damaged and shoudlnt' be on the shelf.

next day it was back on the shelf, so i did the same thing, did that for about a week till it finally stopped showing up on the shelf, either they finally did something about it or someone actualy bought the thing ;-)

5. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    What you need to tell them is that it's broken. That's all you need to say. When that happens they put a green sticker on it and it goes back to claims. The employee in claims will then decide if it's sellable or not and if it is, they'll put a lower price on the sticker and put it out on a special rack for AS-IS merchandise. The less information that you give the customer service person the better. If they ask if it's broken or if something's wrong with it, just say yes. I've noticed a couple of figures slip through that though. There was a really mangled Ultimate BB for a couple weeks and a flipped around opened Uni. Ironhide for a bit too. It's usually not that the service center employees are apathetic, it's just that they have quite a lot to do and they can only operate on the information that they're given about the item being returned.

6. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Seen this happen quite a bit as well. sad really but alot of retail employees get screwed over so badly they just lose that service attitude. As someone who has to deal with people constantly, I feel for them, but should that be a real excuse to put broken stuff back on the shelves? no

7. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Remember Walmart is getting a ridiculous amount of returns and it could be a simple mistake. Before anyone says their employees don't give a sh!t, remember its not always their fault and they themselves could have a piss poor attitude based upon how they are treated by customers and the store management. As a former manager there, one @sshole customer can ruin your day. You know the kind that bring back a camera cause its not working and looks like it was skipped down the highway yet the claim its never been dropped.

Everyone just remember there are two sides to the coin. Yes, some don't care but some do.

8. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Remember, though, that stores take a hit financially on the amount of returns/damages that they have. It's in their best interest to try to sell everything they have regardless of condition because they're being watched by their corporate offices.

Too many returns/damages equal a penalty to that store's manager. Those penalties usually occur at the end of the year, when that manager is applicable for a year-end bonus based on productivity. I've worked with retail managers who would do anything to make sure those year-end numbers were perfect and their bonuses nice and fat.

9. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Unfortunately the next time I whent back he was gone. I hope no one bought it. :( 

10. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    The best example of the dollar at work, ladies and gentlemen. American economy at it's finest.

:rolleyes2 

11. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

As I have stated befor Walmart is a Blessing and a Curse all rolled in one. Thats what you get from a place you can return anything with no questions asked(Blessing) because they turn around and put it right back on the shelf(Curse).

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Had the same thing happen to me. I bought Universe Onslaught, one of its legs was busted, so I returned it. It kept showing up back on the shelves and me and other board members kept bringing it back up and telling them it was broken. I don't care what managers have to do to make a bonus, you don't sell broken merchandise. Period.

13. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    Eesh, it's bullshit what they do. I can't say I can blame retail employees at times since I am one as well, but still.

I work for CVS, and when we get something that's damaged, it goes in damages, period. Even if it's got a slight chip or whatever.

14. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

At the stores I worked at, I never seen anyone try to put broken merchandise back out. Don't blame the managers, blame Bentonville. Walmart has to be one of the most stressful places to work...believe it or not. I am now working as a mechanical engineer and its a breeze compared to Walmart.

15. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    There is NO excuse for Walmart doing that. No economic reason can explain that away. They have a process in place for handling broken merchandise. They just have lazy underpaid employees that choose to not use it and it hurts them.

This kind of crap is why Walmart rarely ever gets any of my money. Same with Kmart.

16. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Walmart gets reimbursed for broken items to my knowledge. Even though I work in the shop I try to keep up on the transformers there. So when I saw a Cyb Megatron in robot mode, I took it out and realized it was missing pieces. Gave it to the toys guy and he took it to claims.

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I bought a Universe Bluestreak who had some sticky paint... being unaware of the chemical reaction between the paint and clear nail polish, I quickly started to apply some to the doors, which made the paint really bad... streaking, uglyness. While I was at work, the woman (tm) went and returned it for me, stating that I was a collector, and this wasn't really cool with me (yeah, it wasn't really too honest, and I kinda feel bad about it), and was unable to find a replacement until a week or two later.

I am pleased that we never saw that one back on the pegs, though. I hope it's a case of it not being restocked, so no one else ended up with it. This is a small, privately owned Walmart, though, so maybe they cared a little more than the bigger stores. And... well, still, it's Walmart, I don't feel too bad about returning it and costing them ONE toy (which I did get back from that same store). It's my only local source for toys, after all, and this isn't a normal thing I do.

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    So THAT's why it was broken. THANKS A LOT, PAL!

There's no such thing with a mega-corporation like Walmart. The only one who owns a Walmart is Walmart -- they have store managers, not store owners.

On a semi-related note, I returned a Univ 25th Starscream to Target yesterday because the paint aps were so sloppy and the nose cone looked damaged in package. I pointed it out to the guy at the returns counter and it turned out he was a collector as well and agreed it wasn't in good shape.

I never thought about suggesting that it not get restocked because there might have been someone else eager to buy it who wasn't as picky as I.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Of the two toys I've returned as a collector, the first one, Alternators Shockwave, ended up back on the shelf, complete with a retaped shut box, and the instructions and the figure haphazardly in the box, just as I had returned it.

I had returned Shockwave because it was defective, a manufacturing error resulted in the hood not being able to stay on, no matter what I did. I had told them it was defective and asked for a replacement, which they had, but I saw that Shockwave at that TRU for some time. (The Second Shockwave had no problem at all.)

Sometimes I wonder about the nature of collectors and returns. As stated, I've only returned two TFs, both suffering major product defections, yet I read here and elsewhere about people trying their 5th or 6th version because it doesn't have a perfect paintjob, or something else that's seemingly trivial. I wonder if those kinds of collectors end up diluting the returns resulting in more bad figures on the shelves.