extras for old marvel reprints suggestion?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by KA, Oct 29, 2006.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i posted this over at idw forums:

i thought of something you guys can include in those old marvel reprints (generations); ive not picked them up since i own the originals, nor do you guys recolor the old artwork. while the new covers are appreciated...

...howsabout including interview with the original creative team or maybe even just get furman to write a commentary? kinda like dvd extras, y'know?

whadayaguysthink?

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I think it's a lost cause. We already had them reprinted once, why do we really need it again?

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I agree with Wreckgar. Reprinting something that was already reprinted just a couple of years ago doesn't make sense. Especially when the previous edition is still in print, readily available just about anywhere, and is in order instead of skipping all over the place like Generations.

The only thing that would get me to rebuy the Marvel reprints again would be to completely recolor the issues. And I just don't think that's feasible. Interviews or commentary just aren't going to cut it.

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I love generations it's the only IDW title I haven't missed an issue of yet. I prefer single issues over TBPs and on top of that, I've never had the chance to actually buy TPBs where I live. So I personally love these issues. But you know, something extra for the raised cover price would be nice.

5. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

If they'd reprint the Marvel UK comics (with covers) I'd probably buy the title. Many early UK issues were skipped by Titan.

6. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Yeah, UK reprints would be more interesting than the current fare. I have no interest in this title as it is.

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

The problem with that idea is that Titan skipped the early UK issues because Simon Furman asked them to. Something about not feeling they were his best work and preferring they not be reprinted. Since he works so closely with IDW I'd imagine he would expect the same of them.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awww shucks! I was also hoping that IDW would release some of the earlier UK comics...some of them were quite enjoyable to read. I like the way how the US comics were written into the UK ones.

9. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

I've always thought creating new back-up stories for the reprints would be a great idea. Six to eight pages, self-contained, maybe even done by fan artists & writers. It'd probably make the price of the book go up, but I would imagine a lot more people would buy it.

10. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'd be more interested in a book made up sorely of those new back ups than I am in Generations.

Phazer