"Extra" Universe Onslaught

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Edgewise, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I ordered Universe Onslaught from Hasbro Toy Shop. There was a problem with my card(my HTS account had an old expired card number), so I gave them the new card number to charge it on, but it still wouldn't go through. So I asked for them to cancel it and they said they would and did. Instead I bought one at Wal-Mart, using one of those $5 McDonald's coupons. However HTS still shipped me an Onslaught. It's been about 2 weeks and no charge for it from HTS has appeared on my credit card statement while every other charge I made before and after does appear.

So what should I do with the extra Onslaught?

A.) Return it to Hasbro Toy Shop(Does the return label make shipping it back free?)

B.) Return one to Wal-mart and keep the money(in case a charge does eventually show up on my credit card)

C.) Keep both, have the extra Onslaught if something comes up(keep MISB, if first breaks, if I do get charged, etc.)

D.) Sell it on ebay.

E.) Donate it to Toys for Tots.

F.) Return to Wal-mart to get $20 back and buy multiple smaller toys to donate to Toys for Tots.

[Give/Sell it to "you" is not an option. If I'm going to give it to someone it'll be through Toys for Tots, if I'm going to sell it I don't think I'd feel right about setting some price, be it high or low, so ebay would be the selling option, letting the market dictate the price. So there is no need to make that suggestion/"joke".]

2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you dont want it take it back for the cash just in case they do charge you. or hold on to it for a week and see what happens.

3. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I'd probably sell it. I got an extra 360 Headset when I bought one on eBay for a friend a year or two ago and was never charged for it. I still haven't found a buyer though >_> (NOTE: I haven't tried selling on eBay; I'd rather just find somebody I can get the money from in person).

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Give one to me!

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'd call HTS and let them know about the mistake they made. Depending upon their response I would either ship it back or donate the toy. Some poor kid would definitley appreciate it!

6. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I second this. Hasbro has these magical beings called "accountants" that will eventually find the transaction and charge you for it. Your best bet is to contact them and see what their response is.

7. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, I got a Blackarachnia from HTS and they didn't charge my card for 2 months after it shipped. I'm sure it's coming. The charge that is.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Return it, or if they're okay with it, donate it.

9. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

I would probably give it to charity. The toddlers would probably benefit from it.

10. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

if i were you i'd donate it

to me:thumbs2: 

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Do what you want with it, but be prepared for Hasbro to charge you at some point.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Hasbro will charge you at some point. I got shipped an extra Cybertron figure I bought through them (don't remember who at the moment... think it was Excellion... , but that's not important) and wasn't charged for it, but the charge eventually did come. Thing is though, I decided to sell mine on eBay (got a decent amount for it too as it was a newer figure) and paid the card off and had a little extra from it. The reason I made that decision is because when I contacted HTS to see about returning the item they wanted me to pay return shipping for their mistake... so I opted to re-sell it. Started it at cost (retail, not HTS plus shipping cost) and got about $10 more than cost for it.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    like most, i'd say call it...but if they want you to pay for shipping, F that...they made a mistake they should pay for it...and then just donate it to toys for tots...i think thats fantastic...

14. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I doubt it.

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Toys for Tots. I donate some of my packaged toys I've acquired every year. It's a really good feeling to know that you're donating to kids that wouldn't get anything nice for Christmas otherwise.

16. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd return one to Walmart. That way if you get charged it doesn't matter, if you don't, even better.

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i love it too...i had my students organize a drive last year, and this year at my other job we just finished a makeover bidding competition for one of our employees, in which we got 300 bucks to donate to T4T...and we're gonna set up a box in the back for employees to donate toys too...