Exposure of the Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot Blasty, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Autobot Blasty

Autobot Blasty Member

Hi all, new face here :D 

I've been kicking around several forums, including a certain Transformers forum that went to hell in a hand basket so I figured I'd start over again.

Intros and junk outta the way, I'm wondering what direction they'll take things in now that the flesh creatures know these big robots were living amongst them in secret for years. It'd be interesting if humans and Autobots formed some kind of coalition against the Decepticons or if they integrated their technologies with each other's. Or the other possibility is that humans might fear and despise Transformers and try to mount an offensive against both races. I dunno, those are my theories. Where do you think it could go?

2. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Both.

Global Civil War.

3. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

That's exactly what did happen.

They hinted that this might be in part 3.

4. Autobot Blasty

Autobot Blasty Member

Sorry, when I said form a coalition, I meant the governments of the world as a whole -- since basically NEST was a secret pet project of the government, but was never "officially" recognized elsewhere. Since there's no point in having them as a covert ops group anymore...

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NEST is already a worldwide coalition, secretive yes, but the Chinese, Egyptian and Jordanian governments knew of the Transformers (the former provided the toxic spill cover story for the Demolishor mission, while the latter send helicopters to attack Megatron).

6. interceo

interceo Well-Known Member

If they decide to keep the history in the line of G1 cartoon; then would be no problem betwen transformers and humans; human aliance means somenthing right; but we never know until transformers 3.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Weren't they planning on a comic mini-series taking place after ROTF which involves some group that has nefarious plans against the Transformers? If so, chances are we will be seeing some group of humans who fear and despise them.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Exactly. Transformers: Nefarious is the name of the miniseries. The group in it may appear in TF3. NEST was in some of the ROTF prequel material such as Veiled Threat.

9. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    ^ Yeah, IDW's Transformers: Nefarious, by Simon Furman. EDIT: And Kaymac beat me to it. Lol.On a wider note, I'd imagine the wider population would be pissed that the governments of the world were keeping the existence of giant, destructive robots from them.

10. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

That would be so awesome if the humans turned against them.

11. Shockscream

News Credits:
    NEST can't include every country, surely. Imagine Iran's reaction that they hadn't been told. It seems to be mainly the U.S., the primary allies of the Americans, and the countries it would be more dangerous not to tell like China. Those that are left out would be annoyed. I suppose they might seek out the Decepticons and offer their assistance. I can see North Korea and Iran helping out Megatron.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In before TF3 has terrorist decepticons causing even more stereotype shitstorm.

13. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cobra commander is going to build a machine that captures a transformers spark and converts it into fuel that he would then sell in the black market for 10x its price so he can fund a machine that will destroy the joes and the Autobots but it's only powered a machine that the joes have so he'll have to capture after going through "a booby trap that actually catches boobies".

14. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I'd say the Autobots face the X-Men like dilemma of being rejected for the most part by the public public and having to defend a world that hates them.

15. Shockscream

News Credits:
    Most likely. Not much chance of the average person caring much about the difference between Autobot and Decepticon. One bloody big robot is much the same as another. Particularly after they destroy cities while landing, small desert towns, and great landmarks (pyramids included).

16. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I imagine a world that is hesitant to accept them but after stopping some huge end of the world type threat in TF3 the world will come to love the Autobots and give them their acceptance.

17. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Probably won't happen either. Remember when Galloway is talking to Optimus and says that the Autobots would not share their weapons capabilities, Optimus responds that it would bring more harm than good.

If they follow the hero formula they followed in the first two, we might see Sam have to struggle with some internal demons, or maybe even betray the autobots termporarily only to come around later.

18. Autobot Blasty

Autobot Blasty Member

Carbombya, anyone? Paging Casey Kasem!

I wouldn't put it beyond ultra-patriot Bay to work in a terrorist coalition angle, in all seriousness.

19. Shockscream

News Credits:
    ^ Exactly! I doubt that they'd get away with calling it Carbomya anymore, though...

20. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Considering how relatively easy they are to destroy with modern weaponry, I don't think the humans are missing out on much.

As for the world going nuts and all hate, too many people are too in love with the idea of intelligent, alien life for there not to be scores of people eager to welcome the Autobots, especially once the idea of factions is explained.

- Coeloptera