Exploding Vs. Articulate

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaVPrimus, Aug 10, 2006.

1. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

What is evry1's position's on exploding and articulate TFmation's????

I mean what do you think bay will do....I say slow......but exploding is pretty cool

^^

2. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    can you explain a little more? I dont quite understand where your going with this..

3. OmegaVPrimus

Exploding transformation's....and slow transformation's you know!!!!!

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I believe he's refering to some supposed rumor that the transformation will be pieces exploding and merging together to form the alt mode rather the the traditional shifting

5. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    its going to be shifting plates and moving parts...not exploding into many parts and forming something new...it defies the concept of transformers with the exploding way. We've seen an animatic of one transforming already

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I like this post...I think it will be a combination of both! Given that Michael Bay does REALLY FAST CUTS for action scenes, AND he is going for realism...not to mention these guys ARE aliens...the Transformers will transform kinda like the cartoons...but some minor exploding might happen simply because Bay wants the transformation sequence to last...oh say 5 seconds...

Also...I think it wil depend on the scene...if a transformer needs to transform FAST...we might never tell how each part becomes a robot...I.E. chase scenes...

The COOLEST thing about this movieis going to be the ACTORS REACTION to the transformations..

Think of it this way...if you saw a real alien (so called greys...) How would you react?
    How did you react to the scene in Signs with the birthday alien?

Now...take a step back...pretend that you know 'nuthin about a transformer...how would you react to a truck turning into a robot that can squish you like a bug?

Why do wild turtles crap on your hand when you hold them?

Long story short...if you where a human being, and a truck transforms into a robot...you would probably die of a heart attack...espicially if you are fat!

If a transformer in the movie urgently needs to transform...explosion might occur..if not I hope they might tell the actor that they are going to transform slowly...

7. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

I somehow doubt the transformations will be too "explody". Keep in mind that the only reason Hasbro wants this movie made is so they can sell some toys, so while the movie transformations may not be 100% realistic, I'm sure they at least have to come up with something that can be feasibly made into a working toy.

8. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

yeah that could be pretty cool.
    if they do it slowly so the character can see whats going on when they are transforming, it could also be a perfect chance to use the original G1 transforming sound. or, at least a very similar/familiar version of it.

hey, i (we?) can hope, right?

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Quite a level headed assumption. I too doubt the movie transformations are going to be so complex that the toys can't emulate them to a large degree.

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we're going to see two kinds of transformations happening at the same time. 1) A shifting parts kinda like the teaser trailer where hoods, fenders, windshields, etc... will break apart and reform into the Robot's armor. And 2) the limbs, hands, feet, head, torso will fold out more like a traditional TF. (Think RID's Prowl, Side Burn and X-Brawn)

It would make for visually exciting scenes where one would almost have to see the film twice just to catch the all of the effects.

11. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

The smart thing would be "articulate" with some cool looking gadget shifting.

I don't consider the movie teaser's "explodingly" transforming letters any indication of the way the actual robots will transform in the movie, the letter transformation was simply done that way, because transforming multiple letters into a few numbers that further gets transformed into a single logo is gotta be darn complex. Cars turning into humanoid alien machines is considerably more simple (since Hasbro has made simple toys that can be transformed that way).

I believe the movie robot transformations will be a visually more realistic/cooler versions of the cartoon show transformations (G1 and more or less everything since) - the movie would probably have some plate shifting to make e.g. Optimus' cab into a less boxy, humanoid athlete's torso (the toy would be a somewhat more boxy version than the movie version), while his nose somehow turn into his forearms (plate shifting to make them less blocky).

If the movie includes "exploding" transformations (aside from the title), I would imagine it would happen while Bumblebee gets reconfigured into a newer Camaro - his parts would shift around like crazy to accomodate his new alt mode. Or it could be parts like the robots' weapons that shift around like crazy, going from being a part of a car engine to suddenly "explode" and utterly change shape, becoming a nasty plasma/laser/whatever gun.

Did any of what I wrote above make any sense?

12. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I doubt that the transformations will be slow. In battle slow is a good way to get killed, so I'm thinking that the TFs are going to be fairly quick, along the lines of Beast Wars quick. I'm hoping that once the transformations done that you can still see actual car parts and not some funky plate/samurai armour.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think that the reason that the Transformers sign looked like it had exploded to transform was because there was an extremely fast zoom in on it when it started to transform. I think the TF's will have a combination of both ways, but it doesn't really matter in my opinion. As long as they look kick@$$, and the toys too.

14. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

They should have a Grenade Transformer name B'boom who could use the exploding Transformations.

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I can totally se the toys for the new movie-

Anyways, my thoughts, rapid shifting is fine, it may not be as detailed as the transforming sequences in Cyberton, but meh...

16. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all i care is that the toys will look like how they do in the movie. And NO transformation(morphing) like in beast machines.

17. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Well, if by exploding you mean fast moving transformation .... then ya I would prefer that to the slow transformation just to make a dramatic effect.

If by exploding you mean all of the pieces explode from the object then "re-assemble" like a puzzle .... then no, that would look too cheezy and ultimately ruin the movie.

18. OmegaVPrimus

Here....Since I made the thread I might as well say something! :D 

Well I think the more articulate the better!!!I could sit their for 15 second's watching a transformation.....but really Iam sure micheal want's the TF's to get the transforming done in time for an @ss whoopin! lol

I think based on realism vs. eye candy....he will do somewhat of a 4-5 second transformation..like the TF title in the teaser!

Which, by the way was an awesome way to do a title!

19. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

I think an "exploding transformation" would be really stupid. The Transformers after all aren't magical or w/e, they're alien/realistic beings so they should transformer in the regular way. As for speed. I think transformations should be quick but not "in the blink of an eye" quick.

20. OmegaVPrimus

Yeah, I aslo think their will not be explosding transformation's.....just because of realism I dont think their are many robot's that explode into a 100 diff part's and turn into a robot......

So yea! I think your right....not so fast that we cant see'em transform, but fast enough, to kick butt!