explanation of all the different types of transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ny2125, Aug 9, 2007.

1. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

You know, when I was collecting the original G1 toys, I was like 10-12-years-old-ish. I had a decent collection, although mostly Autobots, and mostly mini-bots, because I could afford them. I always wished I had Mirage, Soundwave, Jetfire, and Thundercracker and Skywarp, among others. My parents wouldn't get me Megatron because he was a gun and I couldn't afford him on my own.

I hadn't expected plastic to get so brittle and stiff: I'm kind of afraid to handle them now. Jazz is already broken, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are falling apart...now I learn of these Classics and think I can upgrade and expand my collection! I'm an adult and can buy myself toys if I want to! There's just a little problem...extended periods of unemployment, underemployment, grad school, and student loans have conspired to leave me with no money. :cry  :cry  :cry 

2. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    I wish you had gotten on the Classics wagon while they were still available.
    Hopefully, they'll rerelease the first set of figures along with the 2.0 figures.

3. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

So are you saying they're not available now? Even online?

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some might still be found in the Clearance aisles of Wal-Mart, or online shops. The rarer and/or more popular ones, like Megatron (gun), Starscream, and Grimlock might take some extra work/money to obtain.

Edit: After a quick check, HasbroToyShop.com still has Classics Cliffjumper, Mirage, and Optimus Prime available for standard retail price or cheaper, not counting shipping.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  5. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I suggest starting out with the classics and a few Alternators if you can find them for a good price. A few well made knock offs won't hurt either imo.