Explanation for Leader Bulkhead?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Omega Charge, May 27, 2008.

1. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    It seems the Leader Class Bulkhead has no reason for all his firepower. Granted, he has to look different from the Voyager, but don't you think it will be explained at some point? maybe Lockdown has upgrades in store for him. But one thing: in the pics we saw from "A Bridge too Close", he looked the same. So will we get anything in season 3? Or does he get upgrades, then lose them, like Prowl?

Another thing, I vaguely recall hearing something about a Deluxe Bulkhead. Could that be his Cybertron Mode? Do you think we could see any more Cybertron Mode toys, especially Ratchet/Ironhide?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    to sell toys? i figured this-they make a small toy that is show accurate with proper gimmicks, but horribly out of scale. then they make a larger one-slightly less accurate with random gimmicks, but more in scale. some people (like me) will want both to they can have one to match showwise and one to match scalewise. thats why some people (like me) will end up with both.

and i sure hope for more cybertronian guys-ill cry if they dont make Ironhide

3. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    they also gave him a lame gimmick so we have to buy two to make a real bulk head

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    lol, exactly

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    In scale how? He's shorter than both of the other leaders, Megatron and Ultra Magnus, on the show.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hes shorter than them in toy form as well. and i really meant more in scale with the other Autobots

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm thinking maybe Bulkhead probably doesn't ever have the missiles/saw in the show, unless there are plans for the third or fourth season after the toy got made. The explanation is sorta two-fold as I see it.

Story explanation: the extra weaponry is intended to represent the Headmaster's ability to upgrade 'bots it's attached to. (there's other possibles too - doesn't apppear the package bio clears it up too much)

Toy explanation: the extra stuff is so parents and kids don't go "It's exactly the same as that one you already have - just bigger." (might do that anyway, but it's a less valid argument with the extras)

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My theory is that Leader Bulkhead represents the character getting some upgrades later in the animated series. Maybe he gets accepted into the Elite Guard, or something - we've already got an Elite Guard Bumblebee, so maybe Leader Bulkhead is something along those lines.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    or Bulkhead meets Lockdown lolz

maybe not as farfetched as i originally thought though-Bulkhead does something bad, nearly killing Sari and Prime. Prime, ticked, yells at him-the thing with the Dinobots, for his involvement with the constructicons, the new thing, maybe something ive missed/will happen. Prime angrily banishes Bulkhead, who storms off.

Lockdown, who is on a bounty, is having some issues capturing some dude, someone incredibly strong, smart, and powerful. having some issues, he tries to contact Prowl, planning to lie and tell him its a Decepticon for an Autobot, but somehow picks up Bulkhead instead. he gives the Mods to Bulkhead, figuring "hey, it nearly turned Prowl, who is strong minded. this oaf..." so they go and capture and defeat the "Decepticon" and Lockdown says they are going to the Elite Guard. as Lockdown is carrying them, Bulkhead realizes they are going the wrong way. when asked about it, Lockdown presses a button, causing the mods to Zap him, then Bulkhead gets pushed in with what turns out to be an Autobot, KOed. the bot kicks him in the head or something to get his attention, then they bust out and Bulkhead uses the Mods to take down Lockdown-but when Lockdown tries to Zap him again, it is revealed that the autobot disabled the zapping bits. but as they fly back towards Earth, Lockdown activates the ejection pod. the 2 run into it, looking for Lockdown, who is really outside of the pod. he ejects them and leaves, figuring he would just tell whoever hired him that he was killed, as Lockdown fired them towards the sun. but the Autobot, who turns into some sort of jet, breaks the glass on the pod and flies it towards earth, but then leaves, as he has something important to do elsewhere-like what he was doing before meeting Lockdown. Bulkhead ends up back on Earth and Prime forgives him, knowing nothing of Bulkhead's adventure.

That could explain his leader class toy's mods, as well as introduce another character! (Leader or voyager class)

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    That was from the British Toy Fair.
    The same person who reported that also reported a leader class prime.
    Whoever reported probably didn't know what they were talking about and these two were actually Acvtivators Bulkhead and Supreme Class Optimus Prime.

As for Leader bulkhead's extra gear.
    Like Soundwave's guitar and (possibly) Ultra Magnus's arsenal of hidden weapons. The added stuff was probably designed by hasbro to add more features to the toy. Without the Cartoon Network design team really knowing about it. Although this extra stuff does have a chance of showing up in future un-produced seasons.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Silent Magnus: ya that last bit about the gear is right-in fact, i think Soundwave is being worked into Season 3 w/ Laserbeak

12. Omega Charge

News Credits:
    Ah, right. Thanks for clearing that up.

13. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe they confused activators Bulkhead as a deluxe.

I wish the saw was removable, and he had the wrecking ball launcher on both arms instead. I wonder if we'll see a retool of this...

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like the saw itself, I just don't like it 'cuz they took away his wrecking ball.:(  A saw makes sense, kinda, since he's a repair bot he could use if for cutting away debris or cutting sheet metal for repairs.

15. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do you explain the missiles? Besides more demolition....

I'm probably gonna get both, alot of people seem to be enjoying the voyager Bulkhead.

16. Omega Charge

News Credits:
    I was sorta thinking at first the missiles might be a replacement for guns on the Headmaster unit. In "Headmaster" the unit did launch missiles from its sides.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I think it's pretty black & white: bigger toy means more space to fill. It probably looked too boring & plain without any bonus accessories, so they added some. And like others already pointed out, they needed to make it look noticably different enough from the teeny-weeny Voyager version so that it would be justifiable to purchase instead of the cheaper smaller one and beyond a bonus giant pink head.

18. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    I dont care about the origin. Better than the voyager im getting it.

19. Feral Magnus

Feral Magnus Well-Known Member

Bulkhead normally has all that weaponry in him, it came with the vehicle scan, he just never uses it cuz he well... forgot about them, and when he pulls them out, Bumblebee will be like you had all that cool stuff and never told us?! Bulkhead then says" Oops Sorry My Bad! then goes walks away like nothing every happened, cuz he just forgot what he was talking about.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    why was this moved to the animated forum? this is a discussion on why a toy has certain weapons