Explanation for dinobots being dinos before coming to Earth in tf4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutoSlasher101, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutoSlasher101

AutoSlasher101 Strategist

Hi everyone, I'm usually not on the boards but I came up with an explanation about dinobots being dinosaurs before coming to Earth if they were ever in the movieverse. What if cybertronian scientists (Including Dinobots, who are not stupid, but like to get their hands dirty) discovered Earth and came here in the cambrian era, then used genetic codes to shape the planet's inhabitants to their liking, such as forms they used and the creatures that lived on Cybertron.

Tampering with the simple cells started the growth and evolution of Earth. They would come back every 1 million years to see the progress. (These scientists had no intention about telling the primes about this experiment, fearing they would harvest the star it relied upon.) After they found that most of their creations died out during "The Mass Extinction", they decided to work on different types of organisms, thus giving way to mammals and us.

Then, the Primes started wondering where they were going to every 1 million years. They followed them and found this planet. They were angry at the scientists for giving life to this planet, but still followed their law about how sentient life can never be destroyed.

Megatronus Prime, however, was disgusted by the "humans", as the scientists named them, and how primitive they were. He told his brothers that such a world was not worth saving, but was not successful. The rest lies in ROTF.

What do you guys think? Could they make this the official tie-in/explanation to pre-earth dinos? Or are there plotholes?

2. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    interesting, but I think that would just be way too far of a reach into earth/human history. they already have three overlapping stories that don't mix well.

3. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Why not just make it extremely simple. Seekers who came to Earth, unaligned, scanned the biggest thing on the planet, and ended up trapped in tar or an eruption? Wheelie showed a lot of points of light for seekers, no reason some of those lights might not have been hidden from humans.

4. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's Bayformers, why would the dinobots even need to turn into dinosaurs?

5. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Dinobots are not going to turn into Dinosaurs,what forms will they transform into,Alien? LOL

6. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Personally, I don't think they should be explained at all. They should just be. Bear with me for a sec. Grimlock and co. could simply have dinosaur-esque cybertronian alt modes. It worked for Ravage and Scorponok (even though we didn't see them transform) and Laserbeak was impressive as a Cybertronian bird-like creature. I don't see why that approach couldn't work for the dinobots. Provided they were designed well. I can eve picture Grimlock doing the whole "Me Grimlock no need Earth mode, Me Grimlock KING!"

Who wouldn't want a leader class Cybertronian T-Rex?

7. sleter

sleter Well-Known Member

how about this?
    some protoform Autobots got sucked into a wormhole,throwing them towards a prehistoric Earth
    there,they are stucked and low on Energon
    so,they decided to scan the dinosaurs and continue their search for Energon on Earth

unfortunately,huge meteor impact wiped out most lifeforms on Earth and caused enough damages to these Autobots,forcing them to go into stasis
    they are somehow buried under many layers of soil and low on Energon,making them undetectable even when the Primes came to Earth to stop the Fallen in ROTF

one day,a underwater volcanic eruption occured and the Autobots' energy signature is detected by NESTS and remaining Autobots left on Earth from DOTM.

8. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because all the movieverse toys have kept their g1 alt modes, right? :gen069: 

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Have the Dynobots come to Earth after hearing Optimus' message and the planet they've been hanging out on all this time just happens to have had dinosaur-looking aliens on it. They took on the local lifeforms as their alt modes and really liked the power of them. The Dynobots then refuse to change their alt modes to Earthen disguise ones because they're subborn.

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. However it seems in the Bayformers universe the Transformers are more like thousands of years old, not millions.

11. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

I can only see them as monster trucks.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    This movie had robot scorpions, robot cats, robot cats and the lovechild of the Kraken and the Dune worm. It was going to have a bulldog with sunglasses.

They don't need to be explained. At all.

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Just give the Autobots a tank named Grimlock who acts the same way as regular Grimlock.

Problem solved as far as I'm concerned.

14. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Have Grimlock scan something like this.

[​IMG]

Can be done easily enough now that there are three characters that are NASCARs.

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    But all of those were their robot modes. The stumbling block isn't that they turn into dinosaurs, but that they're robots that just turn into different looking robots.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    What if they turn into some alien life form that just happens to completely resemble a dinosaur?

"Whoa Grimlock, you're a totally awesome dinosaur!"
    "What's a dinosaur?"

17. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe the Dinobots can scan those heavy vehicles similar to Constructicons & form a new combiner,cool

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    So animalistic robot modes are easily accepted, but robots turning into animals needs to be explained? Why? What's the difference between having robots turning into animals, and robots looking like animals? Why is the latter more plausible?

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yeah... but what's 1 more.

It's not like people flock to these films for their deep story and quality acting.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Just as long as we have no giant scorpions. That would be too far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.