explanation for battle mode-faces!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KA, Apr 6, 2007.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i got it!

its because the movie designs dont use humanoid like faces right? so they got to make it that we know when the bots are PO'd.

hence happy face mode/battle face mode.

which gets me to thinking, since if this is how the movie treat robot facial expression, what are other, non battle uses for brute mode faces?

- arcee finds hot rod forgot to put the toilet seat down? brute mode face.
    - forgot to set the tivo for robobaywatch? brute mode face.
    - finds out you get to be a combiner but you form the crotch? brute face mode.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I would think the battle mode's are to protect their faces from being damaged.

From what Iv'e seen (with the exception of BB) the faces can emote quite well. (ie. Jazz)

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

All I know is that if I wanted to headbutt someone (a desire which arises all too often these days, unfortunately), I'd rather do it with a bucket on my head than without one.
    BATTLE MODE!!

4. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

This movie and these designs didn't introduce battle masks. They were used before in at least 2 prior Transformers continuities, including Cybertron.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I thought they might give the bots some kind of enhanced audio\video sensoral arrays that they use during battle.

Who knows. At least they look better than the Beast Wars wave 1 "mutant heads".

6. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    you what? they do have humanoid faces.. well, most of the autobots do, and so do megatron and barricade. they can emote just fine.

7. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

The battle modes are for...well battle. The designs so far show that the robots can show emotion very well, Jazz, Prime, Megatron, Barricade, the lot.

8. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

yea cause they are just so pretty to look at especially megatron and starscream.........................

9. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

"NOT THE FACE!"

*activates battle mask*

:D 

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i disagree. considering the whole aesthetic of the designs are alongst the line of 'make them look more alien/non human'.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If the rumors are right about how many battle sequences are in this movie, then my best guess is the battle mode faces are for simplifying the animation in them. Think of how much a human face changes and twitches in the middle of an intense fight scene, it would be a lot of detail work to keep straight. Most, if not all, of these battle mode faces are with faceplates though, the mouths and lines of the face are hidden, and it's easier to keep them looking correct without getting into so much complex detail.

12. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

I seems to me they wanted to portrait the tfs as acient spartan/roman/english warriors/knights... There of the battle masks...

Pretty cool i guess, must wait and see the final result....

13. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Well, maybe they adopted the idea of the battle helmet after bumblebee got his voicebox/sound emitter/vocalizer/whatever smashed by megatron and not able to be repaired. Figured, it would make a battle impossible if you have to text message strategies back and forth while fighting.

plus the old Megatron line "I'll rip out your optics!" might play into a explanation at some point.

14. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    you cant disagree, they have eyes, noses, mouths, even eyebrows, lips etc.. in fact, much more human than the original g1 transformers. the only way they could be more human would be if they were made from flesh and bone.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes, i can. even if i'm proven wrong, its is my prerogative to disagree. because it is my own personal opinion. of which you have no authority over.

(geez, you do a couple'a sigs for people and your head cant pass thru doors anymore.)

but i digress.

the movie designs body morphology/study of form is most certainly humanoid. meaning they have limbs, a torso and most importantly, heads.

however, the faces are more arguable. if i may rephrase myself, the faces are not human-like. yes, they have eyes and mouths on some but they do not, for the purpose of storytelling, emote like they would on humans.

a good example is star wars' c3po face design. it has features that look like eyes and a mouth but they are designed in such a way to inform/remind you that 3po was very muc an artificial being (this being very important since he mimic human behaviour very well). they (the eyes and mouth) did not, for purpose of storytelling, emote (he cant furrow hi brow to express disapproval nor smile to express approval) - which he did via voice acting and body language.

in summary, on the topic of whether i think the faces look humanoid or not: i disagree.

thank you, goodnight!

ooh, one more, somebody tells you online what you can or cannot think? battle mode face!

16. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

To me, that is the biggest load of easter bunny crap I have ever heard. Not because it is your opinion, but because YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM MOVE. I fail to see how the hell you can pass such judgment without first seeing them. Yes, Yes I completely agree you are allowed to jump to conclusions. Everyone is entitled to jump to conclusions from time to time.

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dudes.

i dont know why y'all jumping at me with my opinions. its not like i said the movies gonna suck or nuthin'. or i disliked the design. i just dont think the face are human-like, regardless of moving parts. and as ive said, its a personal opinion, which is like totally arbitrary.

geez. you pro movies guys are getting to as bad as the anti movie guys. chillax, k'.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yeesh. Chill the hell out and step away from the keyboard. There's no reason to talk like that WHATsoever.

19. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I never said you couldn't have your opinion. I'm just saying that you don't KNOW they don't have human-like expressions because you have NEVER really seen them, and definitely have not seen them move.

20. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    oi!!!!! that's just plain out of order, i'll have you know i was just as rude and opinionated before i ever made a sig, thankyou very much :) 

just to clear up the misunderstanding though, i didnt mean to infer that you arent allowed opinions, i was trying to infer that the facts are so plainly obvious that theres no point in trying to argue against them - ie. look at this image, surely you cant be of the opinion that this face is either a. not human-like or b. less human-like than g1???

[​IMG]