Customs: Explanation and apology: or where the hell has Sculpt-bot been?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sculpt-bot, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just writing to let everyone know my status:
    I have been off the boards since early November, with my only TFW contact literally being my wife reading stuff to me over the phone.
    My father had a severe heart attack and minor stroke on Nov. 1st of last year. He made it through but his mobility has been limited since. He led a very active lifestyle, doing steel work as a job, and having a small farm with about 60 animals on it. He lives about an hour and a half from my house. After the 1st he obviously has not been able to take care of the animals. I was the only family member nearby that had any possible way of helping him out. So I have been working my job (45+ hours) and then driving out to my pop's place to keep every thing going out there. We have been selling some of the animals to surrounding farms which has helped my workload a bit, but there are still responsibilities that need tending to. This has resulted in limited time with my wife and kids, and obviously my absence from the Radicons. Recently, a family friend moved into my Dad's place and is going to take up the duties that I had taken on. This means that I can finally return home, and to the boards!
    My PM box has quite a few folks in it that I need to respond to, so if you had tried to contact me I should be getting to you soon. My wife did her best in responding to folks while I was gone !
    Unfortunately with everything that has gone on, it will be a while before I get back into the head casting biz full swing. I will try to accomodate any requests that are out there for heads that I already have molded/casted, but any new ones/commissions will be a while.
    I did have quite a few sleepless nights out on the farm so I did get some bashing done (a teaser of which is attached to this post!)
    Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for the kind words (just cuz I know you're that kind of people!)
    Look forward to getting caught up on what I missed the last couple months!
    -SB

Attached Files:

2. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    SCULPT-BOT I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Welcome back buddy. Glad everything seems to have settled down for you. '08 seemed kinda rough on you. Here's hoping for the best in '09!

*squeals at attached image*

- Alty

3. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear what happens 2 your father, hopefully everything is ok :) 
    and is that!!!.............Rippersnapper :O
    humna, humna, humna! :jawdropper: 

4. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Hope everything straghtens itself out soon!

5. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

Good to hear things are looking up for your family, those times are tough, hope everything works out in the end. That Rippersnapper's all kinds of awesome, too.

6. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Good to see you back, and OMG Classics Abominus in the works you sir are amzing, and best wishes to your dad

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Good to see you back buddy.....

Family first man....take whatever amount of time you need.

Your Radicon family will always be here for you :) 

8. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Welcome back and I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I lost my father to a heart attack in February of 2003, so I can definitely understand the need to take care of things when something big or tragic happens. Just know that people are understanding of this and you've got support if you need it, bro.

Hang in there and it's good to see you around and I'm glad things are working out now. I wish you and your family the best, my friend. I hope to get up with you sometime about a headcast or two (a couple of the Super Starscream heads), but I'll give you some time to let things calm down and for you to do what you need to first.

9. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys! (gettin' a little emotional reading the posts and PMs that I have already! *sniff*sniff*) I knew you guys would be cool with stuff.
    As for Abominus: The other 3 limb bots are completely built. They just need to be painted. It has been too obnoxiously cold around here to get a primer coat on them. Hun-grrr is well on his way to being complete as well.
    Will keep all posted! Thanks!

10. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Now let's see that beautiful monster's bot mode. O_O

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

First off I feel sorry for your pops, hopes he's okay. I hope everything is cool and Rippersnapper is sweet. That's all I go to say. Take care.

12. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

Best wishes to you Father & Family.
    Great to have you back & that pic is just mind blowing.

13. bumblebee15

bumblebee15 Autobot

Bud! Sorry to hear about your Dad...glad he is doing better.. Family comes first! Our prayers are with you and your family!

Great work on the sneak peek bash!! Jaw Dropping awesome!

14. rumble619

rumble619 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No apologies needed!!!!Sorry about your father but glad to know he's doin better.Take care of your business and don't worry about us here.It was good to hear from you and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say can't wait till you get back.

Take care

P.S

Rippersnapper looks awsome!!!!!

15. RandyChisholm

RandyChisholm Randy Chisholm - C.A.F.

Sorry to here about your troubles. Figure looks great!

16. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Welcome back man.

I know all about family issues man.

17. jaiba6

jaiba6 Jazz

Great everything is getting better sculpbot family issues always come first.....we won't pressure you and we all understand take your time to contact as many as you can, but we are all happy your back. Laterzzzz

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

First off, I wish you and your family all the best under the difficult circumstances the last few months have brought... you're a real soldier for taking on all the extra duties, and I salute the better man.

Secondly, as others have said... Rippersnapper looks BRILLIANT. I love that you haven't lost the sense of angular, mechanical-looking monsters, rather than just going the BeastWars aesthetic route. Can't wait to see the others!

zmog

19. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i know we don't know each other, but my thoughts are with you. you're a great son. take care.

20. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Good to see you're back man. We understand that you have to do what you have to do. Here's to hoping you and your family see better times in '09.