Explaining my standpoint

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tareq.ammari, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Have you read any of the Dreamwave comics, those Transformers would look awesome in CGI as they look awesome on paper.

2. DeathDrop

DeathDrop Well-Known Member

The_Demolisher there is no one saying you can't be critical about an opinion. Just do it with respect for the person, so far you haven't done that. I don't to tell you how to be, but a little more respect towards your fellow fans may help.

3. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

opinions, opinions, opinions... Who's right, who's wrong... I can't say
    Anyways, the only chills I got during the movie was when the helicopter transformed very slowly and I heard the G1 transforming sound! They had me right there!!
    I also got a freakin headache near the end of the movie during the big fights in the city trying to figure out what was what as the camera angles 360 degrees making it hard to actually see the real fight. Not to mention that theaters display movies at 20fps instead of 30.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    He has no respect for anyone who doesn't echo his own sentiments. he's not going to change.

5. Gobot Galvatron

Gobot Galvatron Well-Known Member

How is that any different than what any of the fans of the movie do, exactly? What would give you the idea that he needs to chance, simply because he shows a great dislike for Bay's film?

Quoted for validity.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Because he treats anyone who doesn't agree with him like an idiot. The people who liked the movie tend to be a lot more reserved with their holier-than-thou-ness. He needs to change in the respect that if he's rude to people all the time he's going to end up totally unheard because everyone will put him on their ignore lists. I certainly know I'm a hair's breadth away from doing exactly that. Acting like an arse is no way to get a point across.
    The quote from him in your post proves that beautifully; it's a snobby outpouring of "you're either an idiot or you're gullible, becayuse you like the movie". Some people really do need to learn that they do NOT speak for everyone, nor do they have the right to try.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Hold on, I think you miss understood one of my points. I said while in robot mode Starscream could have had some red on him. Like some of the parts in his robot mode would be covered up in his earth mode. And then Starscream wouldn't look so bland and dingy.

8. LOSTaddict815

LOSTaddict815 Well-Known Member

Draven is the man

9. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you, and you can go back and read my earlier posts and see that I love G1 and defend it vigilantly. Frankly, you can enjoy this movie and still have taste. 9 out of every 10 movies that come out in Hollywood are tasteless, or a seriously lacking in taste. I find it highly tacky and tasteless to have to drive a movie forward with a sex scene. Thats one thing I liked about Transformers though, they made jokes about stuff but there was no sex scene. And in just that way alone, it gives Bayformers a most tasteful appeal to me then most other movies this day and age.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I appreciated that too, BTO. There were a few gratuitous Mikaela shots, but nothing outrageous. I was glad of that.

11. Gobot Galvatron

Gobot Galvatron Well-Known Member

I've yet to see one movie fan who is reserved in their holier-than-thou approach.

That's rather funny, because I did not find any of his posts to be rude or inflammatory until he responded to posts that were quite clearly directed at him in a rude mannor.

That was not speaking for everyone, that was speaking for most of the people who like the movie. Why what would you call a person who falls for anything thrown at them?

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Personally? I'd be too busy questioning the manners of the person who would write that.

13. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this thread is done.
    Time for some warnings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.