Explaining my standpoint

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tareq.ammari, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tareq.ammari

tareq.ammari Member

Thank you sir, I have to ask, which of G1 episodes do you like best?

2. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

He didn't think Sam had the balls for something like that, he simply underestimated the boy. It's the Decepticon's weakness, they see humans as little more than germs.
    Look at it this way, you are a large human, with guns and tanks and shit and you fight another large human for control of an object that's in the hands of a mouse.
    Would you really consider the possibility that the mouse could ever possibly hurt you? You wouldn't and that's what happened to Megatron.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No.

There is a G1 movie, and it proved that it was not good movie material.

I don't get what's so wrong? AEC wasn't G1, or BW, or BM. Why is everyone coimplaining about non-G1ness now all of a sudden? The movie is just another extension of Transformers, it's still Transformers.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  4. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

I agree.

5. JazzMeister

JazzMeister Too school for cool

Yep, I think it's ridiculous too that the giant robot alien from outer space could be blown up by a man with a rocket launcher. Unbelievable ...and in a movie too - that's the next best thing to real life.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    after reading the first post, here is my reply.

no.

that is all.

7. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

So, it's okay to ignore flaws in G1 but not okay to ignore flaws in the new movie?:peoples: 

It's a movie. It's a work of fiction meant to entertain the audience and make some money for the studio. It's not a scientific journal any more than the original series was. If you can let things from the original cartoon slide, why can't the movie get away with a little of that, as well?

8. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Fact: G1 established Transformers.
    Fact: G1 died a quiet death.
    Fact: BW put Transformers back on the map.
    Fact: The Movie has taken TFs to the next level.

I like G1 like the next guy, but I'm more of a BW guy, it's my era. I love Classics. I don't rave about everything needing to be G1 or needing to be BW.

One thing I want to remark is to PLEASE take off your rose color glasses. The plot in many G1 episodes was embarassing, forget logic and realism. For example: one second Autobots can fly, next they can't get out of water; the Headmaster technology just comes out of the blue and all of a sudden, everyone's head is a little, pilotable robot; Galvatron insists on opening the plasma energy chamber and succeeds in only foiling his own plans... twice; all the Autobots on the shuttle in the beginning of the 86 movie are slaughtered, while in the rest of the series they pump 'bots and 'cons full of lasers and barely a scratch, wonder!!

I could go on, and it only gets more hilarious (season 3 anyone?). In light of this, I can't take your argument seriously. I agree that the movie has it's faults, but tunnelvision doesn't make you right.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, it's not. The plot in the G1 show is terrible. there are a few high points, probably about 15 solid episodes out of the whole run. the rest is garbage.

characters are fine. transformations rarely were. most often they just blob-formed. I dunno how to describe it exactly. morphing? I dunno. most times the transformations weren't properly animated, and it wasnt rare for car parts to come from the wrong robot mode parts.

When was the last time your watched the original show? because the show you're describing is not the show I watched as a kid and now own on DVD and struggled sitting through when I bought it.

So you're allowed to complain about the movie, and we're not allowed to complain about the G1 show? what about spike routinely grabbing, carrying, and firing autobot weapons? how about chip tearing a floppy disc in half with his bare hands? controlling prowl through a primitive 80's network connection? chip JUMPING OUT OF HIS WHEELCHAIR?

allow me to draw attention to this line:
    Why is that madness? why does that that not make sense? its not like he was firing a handgun at him.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Because Megatron underestimated him, I'm sure he thought there was no way that a lowly human would take him out - which I find to be fittingly ironic that he was killed by what he considered an insect.

11. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Yup. Plus, in the movie they kinda explained that the bots' were weak to extreme temperatures, hence why I think the humans all changed their weapon rounds to heat-based weapons (if I remember correctly) and that's how S7 managed to keep Megs in stasis with extremely cold temps.

The only grip I have with that is that it sounds too much like the weakness found in the Alien series.

Other than that, despite the holes the movie had, I still enjoyed it.

12. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet's exact words when Optimus said that he would destroy the allspark by combining it with his own spark were "That's suicide. The cube is raw power. It could destroy you both". Megatron has always seeked power. He probably expected to gain complete power if he had the cube shoved into his chest, but the jolt of power was too much for him in the end (as far as we know at least). Even if it was a massive amount of power, Megatron would be overconfident enough to believe that he could absorb that kind of power.

There was no real reason for Megatron to think otherwise either, since he never really heard Optimus' plan to sacrifice himself to destroy the cube. The only time he could have really heard the plan was after he and Prime fell from the building, and Prime told Sam that if he couldn't defeat megatron, that sam should push the cube into his chest, and that he would sacrifice himself to destroy it. He wasn't saying it particularly loudly though, and Megatron didn't seem to quick in getting up, so chances are Megatron either didn't hear the plan, or just ignored it

There was never any guarantee that the allspark would destroy either prime or megatron if fused with their sparks. Prime just assumed that doing so would destroy the allspark, and likely kill him as well. Then again, it was also a possibility that that kind of power could make any transformer fused with the allspark much more powerful. That's probably why prime would want it fused with him instead of Megatron. That way, regardless of the result, Megatron would not have the chance to gain the power of the allspark

13. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

Nobody told me how did that hero with the motorbike and the grenade launcher kill that super-advanced decepticon Blackout.

It was mentioned before that happened to "aim for underneath the chest that is his weak point." and if you watch it, he did.

I'm not saying that's a good reason....but ummm... you asked. It's possible he hit something vital.. one would think head and chest would be vital areas on any organism.

How come the Transformers use primative weapons when they are the more advanced species?

What makes you think their weapons were more primitive? The humans simply were more organized than the Decepticons expected. And there were more of them. Transformers can't be indestructable to our weapons, THAT would be silly. For an extreme example... We have nukes, do you think a transfromer should be able to survie a nuke? It was also something the humans learned during the movie, to use super heated missiles because it can peirce their armor.... again... not saying it's a good reason, but hey... you asked.

How did the boy himself know that the all spark gave such great power to destroy Megatron when Optimus Prime himself was telling him to push it into his chest in order for Optimus to sacrifice himself?

Because Optimus said he would sacrifice himself by taking the box into his chest.... It wouldn't be a stretch to say that Shia was able to figure out if he jammed into megs it would do the same thing.

Watch the movie again, you will see all those things I just mentioned... You must have missed it the first time around, don't feel bad though there was a hell of a lot going on. I missed a couple things too.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personaly, I can't stand G1. I see it as the worst TF show to ever come out. However, I do respect it for being the begining of the greatness that Transformers has become over the past years. I think that if TF's never changed over the years, that it would have failed and died. For something like this to last as long as it has, it would half to change. This is my opinion, so, please don't jump down my throat for saying it. Oh, and please don't say that basically I'm out of my mind for having an opinion.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They don't use primitive weapons. energy weapons and high velocity solid rounds arent primitive. some stuff has shielding for energy weapons, and so you need a solid weapon to tear through them. and blades are fun.

answered your own question. prime said pushing it into his chest would destroy the allspark and him along with it. common sense says the same is true for megatron.

That wasnt a normal everyday grenade launcher. that was an armor piercing Sabot that was fired out.

16. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

Uh, what?? Since when does a movie have to make perfect sense?

For what it's worth, I grew up on Transformers G1: 1984-1986. I LOVED the toys and I LOVED the series. From my perspective, it all got weird after about the second half of the second season and I lost interest. I outgrew it around 6th or 7th grade, packed up all my TFs (kept them, mind you, I would never get rid of them), and never paid the least bit of attention to Transformers until I learned this movie was coming out. It revived in me an interest in Transformers. I got out my Transformers and wiped the dust off them, read through all their specs on the bits of packaging that I'd saved, played with the ones that weren't too brittle :) ripJazz!), and rented the DVDs and re-watched all the G1 episodes, 20 years later! And while I found them a little silly and imperfect, I still enjoyed them. I even watched some of the episodes I never saw as a kid (and still found that I lost interest toward the end of the 2nd season).

What I'm sayin is, I am about as "G1" as you can get: that's the only Transformers that has ever existed for me. But what I loved about them in 1985--sentient robots transforming into cars and planes and things, and their unique individual (and quite human) characters and personalities--is still there in Michael Bay's film. (Not to mention amazing computer effects undreamed of in 1986!) It's opened a door for me. Hell, if it weren't for the movie, I never would have even found this forum. I was not a "true fan," I guess you could say. :p 

(By the way, JazzMeister, I love your avatar! How does one get something like that?)

17. LOSTaddict815

LOSTaddict815 Well-Known Member

Some of the things your complaining about are pretty stupid...like how Sam killed Megs, and how one person killed blackout(when in reality more then one brought him down)

Did you complain that The Predator died by one person in Predator, or when the chick in the first alien killed it? Both are good examples...they are both far more advanced then us. Just like transformers are. how bout the terminator series?

Tell me a movie where the hero/main character is more powerful and kills the weaker villian. 99% percent of movies the hero is the underdog and kills the powerful villian.

Everything has weak spots, and the characters in the movie found them.

18. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

You think G1's the worst, eh? I guess you never watched TF Armada, Energon, or Cybertron then. Either individually, or as a whole they were horrible.
    I did get into Armada a little by the end. But only after Unicron showed up. And even then it was just barely watchable.

19. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

[​IMG]

20. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i have been to nearly every Forum & message board on the internet, and this is by far my favorite. it has respectful, intelligent, discussion.....then i see a thread like this.
    there is nothing wrong with liking G1 more then any other aspects of transformers, but please understand that it is nostalgia that fuels your love, not the better quality of the show. if things were flip/flopped, and stuff coming out today came in the 80's, and things from the 80's came out today, you would be bitching about how the movie designs were "blocky" and mad that prime did NOT have flames.
    G1 is over, love it, but let it go!

p.s. this is really only directed at "tareq.ammari"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.