Explaining my standpoint

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tareq.ammari, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tareq.ammari

tareq.ammari Member

Look guys, what I meant was I expected much more from this movie. Anyone of you who does not like Generation 1 is totally out of his mind. The plot in each episode is great, the characters and their transformations are fantastic. It is also much more logical and realistic. Whould'nt it have been more interesting if the transformers from Generation 1 were used. I respect the viewpoints of those who liked the movie, but you must agree that if it wasn't for G1 and the success it achieved, none of this would have happened, and none of the other Transformer series like Armada or Beast Wars would have succeeded. I give this as an answer to the one who said G1 died in the 1980's, and I tell him, friend, That generation will never die, it lives on on to this day in a different form, which seems to have impressed you all more, but not myself.

Anyways, whether you agree with me or disagree, there are major flaws in this movie, honestly. Nobody told me how did that hero with the motorbike and the grenade launcher kill that super-advanced decepticon Blackout. How come the Transformers use primative weapons when they are the more advanced species?
    (Do not tell me they used more advanced weapons when us, the humans, knocked the decepticons down one by one with our fighters and laser guided missiles). How did the boy himself know that the all spark gave such great power to destroy Megatron when Optimus Prime himself was telling him to push it into his chest in order for Optimus to sacrifice himself?

So I know it is not G1, but wouldn't it have been a lot more fun if it actually was?

2. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

The guy on the bike discovered Blackout's weak spot under his chest. They may be Transformers, but they're not undestructible.

Sam new that the allspark was that powerful when Prime told him to put it into his chest. Prime stated that doing this he'll sacrifice his life. So, Sam understood that if that would kill Prime, it could also kill Megatron. Easy.

3. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

To answer your first two questions, all modern technology is the result of reverse engineering information gained studying Megatron.
    That will include weapons, so our weapons are primitive versions of what the Transformers use. This is why our most advanced weapons could hurt them, albeit only in a minor fashion. It took all of the soldiers, plus three Autobots to even knock Brawl down the first time. It took the big missiles on the jets and Lennox shooting Blackout right in his weak spot to kill him
    As for why Sam stuck the cube in Megatron, it doesn't take a huge mental leap to realise that if sticking the object in Prime's chest will destroy it and kill him then it'll do the same to any Transformer. Prime was being retarded in that scene anyway, what did he think Megatron was going to do when he killed himself with the cube? Pack up and go home?
    And no, it wouldn't have been more fun if it was G1. I found the movie to be near perfect as it is.

4. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I saw some of the early 3D designs for this movie, the ones that are on Ben Proctor's site that were G1 looking........they are sooooo lame.

The models they used for the movie are the best they could've done.

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, really most of this was explained (maybe only briefly but it was there) throughout the movie.

And sure it could have been more fun for you or me or other G1 fans, but overall I think the way they did the movie wil/has appealled to a bigger mass audience that will really drive this franchise for many more years to come.

Accept it as a new universe/story and it's really an impressive movie.

6. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

You what?
    Did you SEE 'carnage in C minor' or 'call of the primitives'
    More logical and realsitic? 40ft robots turning into handguns and cassette walkmans? magically vanishing semi trailers?
    I love the old cartoon as much as anyone but at least try and be sensible.

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :lol  subspace, man ;)  it's a reality! Spacebridges and pulling planets through spacebridges.

8. tareq.ammari

tareq.ammari Member

If the movie is near perfect, then why did Megatron come that close to the boy while he listened to Prime telling him that the all spark would kill him if it was brought near his chest. Sure, everybody has a soft spot, and I appreciate our heroes' work, but getting that close to the enemy without him doing something about it is totally absurd. Again, I'd like to remind you that what you have said is held in the utmost respect here, but I must again emphasise the fact that G1 is the true essence of the Transformers.

9. Scourge_151

Ah I'd forgotten about the magical interstellar transportation devices.
    Funny how TF had that idea before Stargate huh?

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Here you go, just fixed that up for you.

11. tareq.ammari

tareq.ammari Member

You sir, are truly my friend, finally I found some logic in this space. No matter how much G1 is fought, I continue to watch its episodes to this day. I hope you are doing the same. Thank you.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Didn't Tryrese "bring it" Gibson take some image of Blackout while he was towering over him in the first scene, that they said they were going to get analyzed. Probabably how they new his weak spot was....right. in. the. balls.

edit-BTW I like G1 too but was willing to accept something new and enjoyed the movie.

13. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Have you even watched the movie? Did you see the part when Prime and Megatron where having a massive brawl? The reason he was so close to the boy is because they where both lying there with the shit knocked out of them and he didn't expect Sam to attack him, he looks down on humans remember?

14. tareq.ammari

tareq.ammari Member

We are NOT trying to exploit every loophole here!!! We all knew that that did not make any sense but we decided to ignore and continue enjoying while we watch, at least there was a great plot and a story with a message in it to remember in our lives. I respect your viewpoint, but I must say a hero on a bike simply cannot take down Blackout by himself, even if he knew his weak spot. That is madness, especially considering the fact that this is a movie, not a KIDS' cartoon series, it should make perfect sense, got it now?

15. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    And right there is where I stopped reading. Talk about a closed mind. :rolleyes2 

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I do agree, the I was hoping more out of the movie then what we got. It could have been better. But at this point I'll take what I can get at this point.
    I have to admit, I will always love G1 and BW more then any of the current series out there. (I always include BW along with G1 only bc they take place in the same universe).
    But between, G1, RID, and AEC. G1 had the best series. I mean G1, and AEC both had animation errors, and continuity flaws, but AEC was just sooo boring and drawn out, and just inferior.
    So I guess you can count me as 'GEEEEEEWONER' Or whatever it's called. But I prefer it more because of better quality of work.

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Many people here didn't grow up on G1 and don't have the attachment to it that some do. Others simply like other stuff better. Personally, I grew up on G1, but it's not even in my top five favorite TF series.

Looking back on them, I find the plots of the G1 eps to be insanely lame, and the transformation artwork to be sloppy and inconsistent. There is nothing "realistic" about them, especially when compared to the movie designs.

G1 became so unprofitable that the brand was nearly abandoned entirely--there were no Transformer toys released in the US in 1991. Beast Wars brought the franchise back from the dead and the success of the Armada, Energon, and Cybertron trilogy gave the brand strength it hadn't had for many years.

Blackout's weapons were far from primitive, as seen in his attack on the Qatar base at the beginning of the movie.

Next time you watch the movie, listen for his comment, something to the effect of "go for under the armor, they're less shielded there". They found and exploited the Decepticon's weak spots.

I guess he figured, if this will destroy Prime, it will probably destroy Megatron. Makes sense to me.

Negative. I thought it was great the way it was.

Again, G1 was terrific, but it's only a fraction of what Transformers has become.

18. tareq.ammari

tareq.ammari Member

You have a point but you know Megatron was the one who won that brawl, and looking down to someone does not mean neglecting them when your LIFE is on the line, seeing Optimus tell the boy, Megatron should have known all about what was going on and safely secured himself, got it?

19. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Would you think an ant capable of killing you? That's how megs sees humans.

20. Scourge_151

Hardly by himself, Blackout also got hit by a bunch of rounds from the army squad, missiles from F-22s, and of course a shot straight up behind his armour.
    Anything may have all the armour in the world but it can still be destroyed if you know where to hit it and what with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.