Explain shiping times to me?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Feb 3, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So i ordered TFCs Neckbreaker and MadBlender a long while ago. And i see some people online have them.

Why don't I?

Same thing with igear rager and spary. (I have them now) But i was able to watch a couple of reviews before they got to me.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends on what shipment method you used, your geography, mail service, whether or not Customs got a hold of your parcel or not, and a whole slew of other factors.

Key factor here: be patient.

3. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Not to mention who you ordered from. Some sites like Robot Kingdom usually have their stuff before sites like TFSource or BBTS.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also you live in Canada which is notorious for delays and issues with customs

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got mine already...

And I've got EMS parcels from Japan in as little as three days, before.

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    What carrier did your retailer use? Where are you located geographically? Someone else answered already but it's important to understand. Perhaps there was a delay of some sort, such as an error in a sorting hub, mechanical error on the plane or physical carrier. If your retailer is in Asia, perhaps it JUST started shipping because of Chinese New Year holding things up. Maybe it's held up in customs on their end, or on your end.

Either way, yeah, be patient on this.

7. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Canada Customs is known for holding onto parcels from international origins for days up to over a month. If you know your order has been shipped, its possible Canada customs is just holding it.

8. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    You can count on this being the root cause.

I highly doubt, once Herc in hand, that I will ever order anything remotely this expensive from the states again, ever. I couldn't care less about the waiting time versus the randomized way that I'm charged duty, which I can't contest and have to pay in exact change when/if the Addams Family reject "delivers" the mail.

The best you can do (can I assume this is offered in most countries) is get a tracking number so that you can at least try and figure out where something is being holed up.

I think Customs Canada "does something" to its employees that make them acerbic and unreasonable. Probably exposes them to Celine Dion or something.