Experimentations in Giant Robot Filmmaking: a Hypothetical Situation.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gojira Prime, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I might mention that Hound fulfills Bumblebee's role in my version, kinda like it was in the first episodes of the original cartoon. Another part of my reasoning is that in Wheeljack_Primeverse, the robot's transformation schemes do not result in interiors ideal for carrying people around in, so having Hound as the human-relation character makes sense because he is a topless jeep that the humans can ride around in.

2. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

For TF1 at least, I would've kept the gist of the story intact with the most notable changes being losing the Bumblebee is mute aspect, rewriting Mikaela into Carly, rewriting Maggie and Glen as being CIA analysts since I think they story would run a bit smoother and losing the whole Megatron kept frozen by the government angle. Instead I'd have him be a behind-the-scenes presence who mostly only heard and seen through comlinks and the shadows until the climax. I would try to include more non-human scenes for both sides. I'd also have more Decepticons attacks on the military in the same vein as the Soccent one. Also no "Decepticon taken out by the military" deaths.

The Autobot roaster would be the same but with the additions of Prowl and Wheeljack. The Decepticons would be the same as well, but I'd add Soundwave, his minions, and Wreckage (though renamed) to the mix.

I'd keep the overall design aesthetic Bay has created in tact with just an eye towards making the characters a little more recognizable. I'd also keep the vehicle mode selections the mostly same, though Jazz would be a Corvette. Megatron is the only design that would've gotten a complete overhaul, Everyone else would look the same aside from a few small alterations like Optimus being his traditional colors, Bumblebee, Ironhide, and Ratchet having more G1-esque faces, and Starscream being mostly the same aside from a few tweaks here and there.

Voice cast would be mostly the same aside from Frank Welker as Megatron, Kevin Conroy as Ironhide, and Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Bumblebee.

To sum up, my take would've still been fairly similar to what we got in TF1 with the outcome being pretty much the same. But for TF2, instead of using the Fallen, I'd have brought in Shockwave to be the focus.

3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Hm... TF1 Would have revolved around the Decepticon and Autobots arriving. Cybertron's energies are growing low. High Protector Megatron finds a Golden Disk, which speaks of a planet where the fabled Allspark lies. Scientists Shockwave and Starscream suggest that if their projections are correct, the source of energy would prove enough to ignite a million suns. Megatron decides to obtain this source for himself, so that he alone may be Cybertron's hero... he assembles a team of powerful warriors. Starscream suggests that he lead this team... Megatron laughs at the idea. He will lead the mission. Starscream starts to feel that Megatron arrogance will be the downfall of his race... and begins to think he should lead. As they head out, Shockwave is left in charge, but Megatrons bodyguard, Ironhide, believes that the chancellor of the people, Optimus, should be informed. Megatron DOES NOT agree. When Ironhide disagrees, Megatron shoots him down. Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Brawl , Motormaster, and Swindle leave for earth...

But Ironhide is not dead. He's never been too fond of Optimus, who is a pacifist. Yet when Optimus recieves a transmission from him, he arrives... and Ironhide is saved. With the info from Ironhide in hand, Optimus shares this info with the Autobot council. In times of the past, during wars, a single bot was chosen to lead their race. A Prime. Optimus is picked and is given the prize of their race, the Matrix of leadership. Deciding to given chase, Optimus Prime choses a team to follow the Decepticons to earth... Ratchet, a medic, WheelJack, a scientist, a spy, Bumblebee, a second in command and ambassador, Jazz and soldier... Ironhide. They leave immediately.

This would be the first 5-7 minutes of the movie.Swindle and Starscream would secure the trust and assistance of arms dealers and certain world leaders. Bee would be Sam's first car, through the relationship with him, they would learn about earth. Upon locating Megatron, Optimus Prime would attempt to reason with him... and the Decepticons would attack the team. Megatron would call off the Cons... stating that the beating was enough to teach the Autobots a lesson... and leaving them alive would demonstrate to Cybertron who deserved to be Prime. Human scenes would be interspersed in the movie, the end would be like the first movie, battle in Mission City... cept Prime beats Megs and orders him to be taken to Cybertron for imprisonment. Back there, some side with Prime, and some feel Megatron is right. Swindle and Soundwave agree (as Megatron is severely damaged) and agree to transport him for lockup... At the beginning of the credits Megatron radios Starscream to take control of the earth forces, remain hidden ... amass energy and prepare for an assault.

Movie 2 - The Autobots are the prize of earth... to some. In secret, Starscream has amassed energy and assembled a crack team of Decepticons... Brawl's brothers, the Constructions, his wingmates the Seekers (Skywarp and Dirge) and the always dangerous Barricade (movie Barricade), Dead End, and Dragstrip. Soundwave and Swindle send the Nemesis flight computer to the sun, making it appear that the Decepticons and Megatron died while in statis, of a computer malfunction, on the way home.

Prime and the Bots philantrophy is loved and embraced by humanity, as they share the Allsparks power with earth. Some leaders (those influenced by Starscream, but not aware of his true nature) are against them, and believe the Spark belongs to earth, where it has been hidden. Some remain cautious of these aliens. Through his sources, Starscream locates and steals the Allspark, but in his arrogance, is tracked by Bee. The bots launch an assault to retrieve it... which is crashed by Megatron, revived. He proceeds to join the battle, during which Optimus is killed by Megs. The bots fall back and retreat to protect the dying Prime. Ratchet and Wheeljack can't save him. His death affects the world. At this point, Megatron derides Starscream... snatching not only his leadership, but demoting him from second in command to Air Commander. Deep hatred is formed for Megatron, and some Decepticons side with Starscream... albeit secretly. Under Starscream they amassed power, now it's all being put to waste by a needless war. Megatron would form the Spacebridge, and plan to take over the world, and establish a colony of Cybertron. Obvious human scenes would be mixed in as well. Final battle would involve the Autobots and human forces assaulting the spacebridge... at which point Starscream and the Constructicons would attack Megatron and his forces. Devastator would show up, the finshed work of Starscream and Shockwave's research. He would be defeated by uneasy alliance of humans-Bots-Cons. during the confusion, Bee and Spike steal the Allspark back. Megatron decides to 'deal' with the traitors. He executes them all and sends them toward the sun. Only then does he realize the Allspark is gone... and hastily makes plans to retrieve it. Optimus Prime is revived.

Movie 3- With Cybertron separated by war, by Autobot and Decepticon, many come to earth... seeing as Megatron and the revived Optimus still haven't settled the score. Starscream... assumed dead... is rather in deep statis lock... loosing his mind. He and the Constructicons are saved from the sun by an unknown group of humanoids... the Nebulons. They repair Starscream and rebuild him and the Constructicons... but Starscream's mind has gone insane and he insists that he is better than Megatron... he demands to be called Galvatron. At this point, he and the resurrected Constructicons, now called the Combaticons, would murder the Nebulons and head for earth.

The movie would revolve around the 3 way battle between Autobots, Decepticons, and Galvatron's forces, the Combaticons, and it's effect on earth. It would end with a battle between MEgs and Galvatron, during which Starscream's mind would take control again and Megatron would defeat him knocking him into statis. The Combaticons would then join Megatron. The final assault begins. Looking at it's toll on the world, Optimus challenges Megatron under the old Cybertronian rule, for the title Prime and control of Earth. He would taunt Megatron into the battle and defeat him (long great fight) as the world watches. With Megs down Prime has him dead to rights, and still can't shoot him. "I can't kill Megatron in cold blood." "I don't abide by your rules Autobot." Out of nowhere, a fully charged blast finshes Megs... It's Starscream back to his senses. He shakes hands with Prime and they agree the rebuild Cybertron... and earth... as allies. Prime ends with a monologue stating that "there shall always be some that choose the road leading to power... thus there will always be Decepticons.... and when they Arise, we, not merely as Autobots, humans or Decepticons, but as united citizens of the universe, will be here to stop them. Roll credits... trilogy done

4. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Well-Known Member

First: Basically the same, except introduce Soundwave, give him an Earth form, and get him involved in the story. It is a little different, but mostly the same. Cause I like the Movies.

Second: I liked Revenge of the fallen, and most of the humor. But I would reduce the innuendo.

Third: UNICRON.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

:bowdown: 

You, sir... have just won this thread with an awesomely epic version of TFs that I would love to see on the big screen.

6. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    :bowdown: