Experiences w/HAS Customer Service?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cagey, Nov 16, 2011.

1. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Hi all, Hasbro has forced me into beer drinking, but for the wrong reasons. I finally got a long-wanted Sunspot, and he had two starboard side fuselage pieces instead of one port/one starboard. So my question to you is: have any of you had luck getting problems like this resolved via their customer service? I'm going to try anyway, but was just hoping for a sneak preview.

Thanks, gang. :( 

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Yes. I had massive issues getting my alt rodimus. I received it and it was missing it's head and gun. Called hts, made the return for exchange and when I received the replacement it was not only missing the head and gun but one of the wheels was floating around in the box and two others were melted badly at the pin spots. Again, called, returned received another. That one had it's head and gun.... but the rims were damaged the same way as before but more severe. This time when I called they gave me a massive hassle until I asked for a manager. Got another exchange done and this time it was perfect.

Of note; the shipping boxes weren't altered. The bubble on the toys box was taped on all but the last. Lastly, I lived at that addy for a couple years and never before or after did I have that issue from hasbro or any other company I purchased from.

I've since ordered plenty of toys from hts and have had no issues. The same can be said regarding the time before my incident(s).

One thing to beware: if hts doesn't have remaining stock for your toy they can and will substitute another in its place. Or so i've heard. Never had it happen to me.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    do NOT send it to them, you will NOT get the same toy

I had my Animated Wreck-gar and Universe 2.0 Inferno stolen form me that way, after spending forever trying to find them

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've had great experiences with hts. One time i had a crushed jazz and another I was missing a figure. Both times they sent out a replacement. Like GC said I wouldnt send it in for an exchange at least until you have the replacement in hand.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Find someone who sells a junker Sunspot with the parts you're missing intact.

Or, if you're really lucky, find someone with two port fuselage pieces who's willing to trade.

6. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Nevermore, I agree that your way is probably the easiest, but I am stubborn and don't want to pay more (yet).

So HAS got back to me really quickly. This is what they had to say, and what you've been warning me about:

Hi C,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. regarding your Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Scout Class Sunspot figure, and for bringing this matter to our attention. I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Please be assured that I have shared your concerns with the product team. We will be pleased to arrange an exchange for you as regrettably replacement parts are not available separately.

To help facilitate the process, a postage paid mailing label has been sent via email from eMerchandiseReturnAlert@uspsshippingapis.com for you to use in returning the product to us. Simply package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and it will be on the way back to us.

Once the product is received at our returns facility, we will send a new replacement product. If there is a production delay and this product is not available we will replace it with a product of equal value. If you prefer a refund, please include your receipt with a note requesting a refund.

C, I want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products. I hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.​

Not sure if I'll ask for a return or try this out. Wolfe did say he had a good experience, but two of you were p.o.'d. My default position is that just about all customer service is shoddy. Maybe I'll just take him back. I doubt they're going to put the replacement in the mail anytime soon.

7. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I picked up a Generations Cliffjumper a couple of months ago and the hinge that connects his roof to the rest of him had some excess plastic around it. In alt mode none of the seams lined up because of this extra plastic. I emailed Hasbro, got a response within a couple hours, sent him to them the next day, and had a replacement about two weeks later.

No complaints about their customer service here.

8. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I've had ONE experience with Hasbro Customer Service. It involved a scenario where those Cyclonus bootlegs first showed up on the market and Hasbro said "YES they are legit Hasbro products" only to find out they weren't.

9. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    If you value the toy at all, don't send it back. They will NOT send you the same toy, you will get some shelf-warming POS that no one wants!!!!! Happened to me, happened to everyone else, WILL happen to you.