Expectations...opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jazz210, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Jazz210

Jazz210 Special Ops

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you think TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON will live up to its Expectations, Exceed them or just Flop...

2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Well, I was super excited for ROTF and got dissapointed when I first saw it(I like it now).
    I'm even more excited for DOTM with all the good reviews and everything. I feel its gonna exceed my expectations to be honest.

3. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    I hope it exceeds my expectations. Dodging most of the spoilers apart from one has got me more hyped than i was for ROTF.

4. Browns2212

Browns2212 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it will be great.

I thought ROTF was pretty good, but it didn't meet my expectations. However, that was mostly b/c of the Constructicon/Devastator fiasco. I could handle the crude humor and Twins, but just didnt' like how the Constructicons had no real point to the film and were in two different spots at the same time (Long Haul). They were really what I had the highest expectations for, so that didn't help either.

I guess my expectations for this film mostly have to do with Shockwave and Sentinel Prime, and it sounds like both have a lot of screen time and are major influences on the plot. I'm also interested in seeing Prime with his trailer and what it's used for, etc.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seems like at least so far they have kept the public hype toned down a bit which should help with the general public expectations. When you over hype a film it's just hard for even the best of films to match an insane level of public expectation.

Personally my own expectations are pretty much rock bottom. While I've been able to get some connection and feeling for the human characters I'm just not connecting to any of the robots. It's also really hard to pull off a great third film in any franchise so my expectation for third films is about as low as expectations get.

I just don't expect anything that I'd call a good Transformers film out of this third installment because I'm not sure you can change a franchise that much in just two years, but if we get a pretty good action sci fi film out of it then I'd say my expectations have been exceed.

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

As long as I am entertained, that´s enough for me.

7. Jazz210

Jazz210 Special Ops

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What im expecting or wuz expecting wuz for us to really connect with the autobots so that if/when their death appears it will hav more emotion to it. The transformers are supose to be characters not just shiny vehicles that transform into living robots. They should give some sort of intro along with alil story to put feeling behind the autobot nd im not talkn bout the 1s we hav come to kno ala Optimus,Bumblebee,etc. I dont want to see deaths like Jazz : ( bt yea

8. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What expectations is it supposed to live up to? From the non-TF fans I have spoken to, each and every one thinks it will be just as bad if not worse than ROTF. I think it will exceed it's low expectations for sure. It will be great.

9. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    im excited for the film but, I'm concered about (some sexual intendue)

10. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

11. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Expectations high, but I'm trying to dim them down just in case.The Dino/Que and Twins fiasco have dampened my exitement for the movie too.

12. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    I'm excited for TF3, definitely, but I'm not as excited for it as I am for Captain America, and I'm not really expecting it to be better than Thor or X-Men. I agree with Starscreamer69 in that the whole business about 'Dino', 'Que' and the apparent removal of Skids and Mudflap (especially in regards to
    that shockingly epic scene in the novelization where they die hero's deaths
    ) has made me less excited, but I'm still seeing it when it comes out.

13. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

I believe out of a scale of 1-10 these films rank as such:

Thor = 8
    X-Men = 7
    Transformers 1 = 8.5
    ROTF = 6.5
    DOTM = 8.5/9?

That's what i'm hoping for :) 

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

The trailer looked really impressive. But then again the other two movies trailers looked good too, and I was let down both times.
    So my expectations are pretty low at the moment.
    But maybe the third time's a charm, who knows.

15. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    This is off topic, but thats why I think DOTM will make less than ROTF and the first one in terms of revenue. Because the general audience will not want to see it after they didn't really enjoy ROTF. ROTF made money because everyone loved the first so they came to see the second. ROTF wasn't great(I like it, but alot of people I talk to didn't and they aren't hardcore transformers fans) so ticket sales will go down. They're expectations are low, so they are probably taking the I'll wait till it comes out on DVD to see it aproach. I hope this isn't the case at all because I think, without a doubt, that Dark of the Moon will be the best of the trilogy.

16. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    I think the general audience as a whole enjoyed it. I think. Its mostly just the critcs that didn't. But DOTM being in 3-D might boost revenue.

17. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    You know, despite the flaws of ROTF, I still loved it. I mean, I prefer a movie with a solid story, but lets face it. I think most of us were just looking to see a massive all out brawl between the Autobots and Decepticons. Atleast, thats what I was looking to see.

But I think DOTM will satisfy a lot of people. It definately has that "final movie" feel to it with the Decepticons going all out with a massive invasion force, rather than a group of 5-13 'Cons.

18. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    I am hoping it could live up to a good conclusion

19. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    When I hear this type of shit, it always makes me laugh. A movie doesn't make 800 million if people didn't like it. Thor was critically acclaimed and well liked and only has done 431 million worldwide WITH 3D. Hell Fast Five was critically acclaimed and well liked and has only done 583 worldwide. And it was a popular movie coming off the best sequel the franchise produced AND it added a mega star in the Rock.

The general audience was fine with ROTF, it was the critics and fanatics who hated it. 836 million and you guys really think the general audience hated it? :rolleyes:  Hell it even outdid every movie in the US not named Avatar, then went on to sell 7.5 million DVDs IN THE FIRST WEEK.

The general audience votes with their wallet. This TF movie is in 3D, is the finale, and I doubt it will get as much negative press as ROTF.

Whenever I hear shit like " everyone I talked to..." my bs meter goes off. Some people will like shit just because other people don't like it. People, even if you're not biased, the 5, 10 or 20 people in your area that didn't like ROTF don't mean SHIT. At all. The only number you need to know to see how people felt about it overall is 836 million worldwide.

Which is why DOTM will at least break even, if not surpass ROTF in overall revenue. If it's actually a better movie, that number is going to be even higher.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The plot surprised me; I was anticipating something far more low-brow and poorly-scripted. So I suppose you could say that my expectations have been exceeded to some extent.