Expectations for Sick Mind?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by PrimeFlo17, Apr 19, 2011.

1. PrimeFlo17

PrimeFlo17 Tunes

News Credits:
    Anything you guys want to see out of this episode prior to it's release?

If anything, there should at least for me be:
    • More character development for Optimus
    • RATCHET
    • A bit more on Cybertronian biology

Impressed with the voice direction and overall delivery of the last episode, Predatory, I'm really psyched for this one and how it will play out.

EDIT: Found the full synopsis.

"Optimus Prime is subjected to a dangerous Decepticon virus that threatens to shut him down forever, so Arcee and Bumblebee are forced to sneak aboard the Nemesis vessel in hope of locating the antidote before it's too late."

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'm expecting that it's Airachnid that develops the virus that infects Optimus.

I'm also thinking that the virus could end up being a hate plague homage. Meaning we might get a bit of a Dark Awakening performance out of Cullen.

3. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I'm hoping we get more character development for Prime.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm hoping this brings Ratchet some characterization. I'm also hoping it doesn't turn out to be a hate plague homage. I'd rather the "Decepticon plague" have more in common with the bubonic plague. Possibly to the point where Prime has to be quarantined to ensure the others don't fall ill too. We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm already looking forward to it. Too bad it's not airing till next week...

5. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope sick mind is as great as predatory was. But predatory is gonna be hard to top.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    At this point in the series, a good Ratchet-centric episode would be just what the doctor ordered.

7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Hm... I'm wondering if this "Decepticon plague" is a Hate Plague-like virus or something more along the lines of a real plague, like Cosmic Rust. Either way, more Ratchet and more Optimus development would be nice, though it looks like Arcee and Bumblebee will be the main action-bringers.

8. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

The episode mini plot summary said that arcee & bumblebee have to go on the Nemesis ship to get the cure, so i hope that means we get to see knockout & breakdown since theyre the decepticon "doctors" :D 

also i would love to see more Ratchet, i miss him since the last 2 episodes didnt have him anywhere :( 

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    More Airachnid, please.

10. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

I expect this to be the episode where the Autobots finally realize that Megatron survived the explosion and is on the Nemesis.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Good story and character development. Nuff said!

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    I want Prime flashbacks during his sickness. We got Arcee flashbacks, now we want Optimus ones.

And, well, I kinda want Mixmaster to show up. His RoTF bio stated he was a chemicals expert, and I want Prime to adopt that. Then Bee and Arcee have to face him for the antidote. Exept I hope he'll look as badass as his RoTF model.

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Truth, whole series needs moar Ratchet..

14. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Maybe all the Autobots will be infected with something and trapped in the field, and Ratchet being a homebody will protect him.

15. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I suspect we'll be seeing more from Airachnid. I'm betting the "Decepticon plague" will come from her (being the method she has used in the past to wipe out alien species). Maybe she attempts to take out humanity with it and Optimus gets caught in its spread. It should be interesting to see what kind of 'plague' this is. Something contagious? Will it affect Optimus mentally?

I'm thinking now though that the ep's title "Sick Mind" might be referring more to Airachnid's twisted and genocidal psychology than Optimus becoming infected.

I'm also curious as to whether Airachnid will be joining up with the other 'Cons since her ship is now destroyed, or will she attempt to make it on her own on Earth as she has been doing since 'the war ended'?

If a theory of mine from the "Airachnid" thread is true, it'd be a twist if by the end of the episode, Airachnid simply gave the cure to Optimus or allowed Arcee and BB to take it. Of course the Autobots would be left baffled as to why she did this.

16. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I don't care what or who it's about as long as we at least get to see Ratchet this episode and the voice acting and character development is as good as it was in Predatory.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    We need Megatron back, or at least a sign he's coming back. I really have grown tired very quickly of the whole "write him out of the show because he's too powerful a character."

18. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @ split lip I totally agree with you about megs.

19. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

I have a feeling when he does finally wake up he'll still be weakened and require Starscream and the rest to bring him energon and do his other bidding while he lays low... for an episode or two anyway.

20. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    You will never see a psychopathic Prime roaming the HQ hunting down Ratchet, Bulkhead, and the kids while singing:

You can run on for a long time
    Run on for a long time
    Run on for a long time
    Sooner or later Prime'll cut you down
    Sooner or later Prime'll cut you down