Expectations for Blitzwing toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Rayzilla Prime, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

If there is a thread like this, just lock 'er up and throw away the key. I'm really slow when it comes to news and stuff, so don't take it wrong.

Anyway, what are fans' expectations for the three-faced Decepticon's figure? He's one of my favorites of the Animated Cons (next to Megatron). Here's the basic features that I hope he'll have.

1. Obviously a Triple-Changer

2. A button on his chest that flips his face(s) around.

3. Voyager Class :rock 

4. The tank treads don't seem to 'separate' in the cartoon, so could we have some "real" rubber treads for once (one can hope)?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hopefully his head gimmick doesn't interfear with his 3 modes in any way. He's already been confirmed as a Voyager (last time we got some info on him anyways, though that's unlikely to change, imo). I wouldn't have a problem if he just came with 3 interchangable heads, that you basically popped off and on. Would be cool if his tank-mode guns had a couple of sets of missles for it. They could even have 3 different sets and it would still make sense. 1 set could look like fire, the 2nd could look like his freeze blast, and the 3rd could be the normal laser blast that he used. It'd be anoying for those who will be collecting the line MISB, but I think it would be kinda cool if Hasbro packaged half of the Blitzwings in jet mode, and the other half in tank mode. Would be kinda funny to see someone buy both thinking that they are different toys, only to find out when the got home and opened them to realize that they are the same exact thing.

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

LOL Thats for sure. I think thats awesome that theres a Blitz Splitz toy in the making. Hope to see it soon.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Which is exactly why Hasbro won't do that =)

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    well, not after the BW Inferno debacle, where they replaced the toy inside with its weight in real fire ants. The figure never really shook off the "maybe I shouldn't buy this because it might be real ants" stigma.

6. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I can't remember which toy was it, but there's already a toy with its head made of 2 pieces, the head itself and a revolving piece for the face. I believe that will be it, you can just turn the faces manually.

7. Sso02V

News Credits:
    doesn't MP Starscream/Skywarp do that?

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah- I hope there's a button that I can press to swap the faces. And ideally, they would spin.

9. Sso02V

News Credits:
    be great if it spun fast, and stopped on a random face

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was thinking he'd have the same head-spin gimmick that Alpha Quintesson had.

11. RodimusMark

RodimusMark Infamous Fighter of Foo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like the head swap idea. hopefully the Triple Changer gimmick works well too. I think that Hasbro has really hit it out of the ball park on this series, so I have no doubt that Blitzwing will be freakin awesome.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd expect triple-changing, a spinny-face similar in concept to the Alpha-Quintesson toy, and MAYBE a spring-loaded firing missile or two, but that would be it.

13. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Oh yea they do, but there were still earlier toys with the revolving face feature.

More importantly to me would be the transformation and whether it'd be accurate to the show, there's a lot of cheating for Blitzwing and Lugnut's transformations this episode.

14. Sso02V

News Credits:
    I can't quite figure out the tank mode, but the concept art that we do have makes his jet mode pretty easy to figure out
    [​IMG]

15. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Spring-loaded missiles are nearly as good as confirmed, since you can see the triggers on top of the cannons in the concept sketch.

I'm also starting to figure out the tank mode too - basically the wings and legs form a shell around most of it, shellformer-style. Also looks like the cannons may end up as reactors in plane mode.

16. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Some of the expectations here are a little crazy, I can think of no way to make a spinning head gimmick that would change every time you pushed a button. You'd need to have a spring in constant tension which would be hard to do full stop much less at the size of a voyager toy's head.
    Maybe you could use a clockwork long wind mechanism with short releases but when was the last time you saw clockwork in a Transformer...

I just hope Hasbro can make this face switching thing work and look good without giving him an oversized head.

Different coloured projectiles is a great idea and would be easy (and in theory cheap) for Hasbro to do.

17. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I'm not so fond of the extra heads and missiles idea.
    That would just make more stuff for my cats to run off with.

Although I am defiantly looking forward to the toy.
    I hope we get another animated Triple changer eventually.
    which I would it to be either a new (Autobot) character or Springer.

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

However the toy's going to turn out, I'll be owning two of it. :D 

Ideally I'll like to see as little kibble as possible in each mode. I recall the concept picture of the blitzy where the tank wheels are visible in the plane mode. I hope that's not the case.

EDIT: Yeah the concept art confirms that we may see some obvious tank parts on the plane.

19. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i just want to see pics of this freaking toy

20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that Blitzy will be in the display case at Botcon, chilling with Lugnut & Grimlock who are the only remaining figures from last year's slideshow that we've yet to see painted.