Expanding the Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hiro Prime, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know about the rest of you guys and gals, but I've really been enjoying the new Cyberverse figures. Maybe it's because they are a bit more to scale with each other, or are easier on the wallet for the most part, or maybe it's that some of them seem to be cooler to me, design-wise than the regular line. (But then, I've always been a sucker for the smaller bots.)

Bots like Powerglide and Hatchet are great to just fiddle with while watching TV. And when you get a bunch of them together on a shelf, they make a real nice display of movie bots in either mode. In fact, I'm liking these things so much, that I'd like to see Hasbro expand the concept even more.

So far we have the Legion class which are just a new name for the old Legends, the Commander class which gives us a nice scale size up from the Legion for bigger bots like Prime and Megatron. Then we have the Plus series which like the old G1 Micromaster Transports, gives us a Legion or Commander figure with an added transformable vehicle/vehicle part. And then we have the Ark Playset which for now, is in a class by itself.

I'd like to see this line expand by offering not only more of the current scaled figures but to expand the scale up another notch or two. For example, in keeping with the current scale, they could remake the Constructicons into a Titan class and make them a little more detailed than the previous Legend set. They could combine or not but they would add to the new line a representation of a larger group of bots.

Another size class that could work and would be similar to the Ark playset, would be a City class. These would be Bots that transformed from Robot into Bases for the rest of the Cyberverse figures to use. Yes, they could make an Omega Supreme, Metroplex and Trypticon. This isn't to say you couldn't already use those old toys with these new ones, just that it would be nice to see new versions of the city bots and the concept would work with this scale better and most importantly, more cost effectively than making them try to work with the regular line of figures.

They could even go a scale size down and work in a new batch of Mini-cons to the mix. (Mini-cons could be gunplacements for the Legion/Commander figures to use on the City bots.)

But there is an even more universal aspect to the Cyberverse line. Why not more G1 designs? Most of those already made for the Legend line works even without the little hand clip that some of the remolded Movie Legends have. (Not that they couldn't remold some of the older molds and reuse them.) A G1 Cyberverse could lead to that larger scale I mentioned earlier with the Combiner teams, and the Dinobots and Triplechangers would work within the Commander class.

But let's not stop there. Beast Wars could be made into a Cyberverse line and finally give us little beasts to scale with the Classics figures as most of the Maximals/Predacons were Mini-con to Mini-Vehicle sized.

So, what do the rest of you think about an expanded Cyberverse in both scales and generations? Am I digging these things too much, or would some of you, like me, want to see this line expand further?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Big fan of the combiners & city stuff ideas, but I've still got my doubts about the overall effectiveness of the smaller sized figures when they're also needing to be as articulated as they are. I guess this is where the G1 stuff comes into mind, and why I liked guys like the classics & Tracker Hound figures so much compared to most of the others who often seemed to be watered down at the legends & commander sizes.

3. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    I reeeeally want an Axalon set.

4. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

you hit the nail... I want that as well...
    maybe a Axalon playset and a Darksyde playset too :D 
    and they may even have some protoform capsules inside :O *-* just imagine that play value

5. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My thoughts exactly.