Exosquad! Who Remembers?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Tyjos, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well I'm a big fan of Exosquad, it's a Toyline that was released by Playmates back in 1992-1994 though the later half of the toyline was under the Robotech Toyline.

I've got most of the E-Frames from the early part of the toy line and 3 Destroids from the Robotech Line.

Anyone Else have any Exosquad Toys?

E-Frames I've got:

Jt Marsh Aerial Assault E-Frame
    Alec Daeleon Communications E-Frame
    Marsala Walking E-Frame
    Rita Toress Field Sgt. E-Frame
    Nara Burn's Recon E-Frame
    Maggie Weston's Repair E-Frame
    Kaz Takagi's Exo-Fighter
    Wolf Bronski's Ground Assault E-Frame
    Sean Napier's Police Enforcer E-Frame
    Pheaton's Neosapien Command E-Frame
    Typhonus's Neosapien Stealth E-Frame
    Thrax's Neosapien Fighter

Resolute II Ship

These toys were so cool back then, they had firing missiles and little figures that went inside the E-frames.

Only reason I bring this up is cause the first season is getting released to DVD this month finally after all these years.

Also just the fact that Exosquad was COOL.

Anyone Else Collect Exo-squad?

2. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Heck yeah man. I had the JT Marsh, Alec Daeleon, Marsala, and Pheaton frames. Also had the Invid Shock Trooper, as well as Jump Trooper Avery Butler.

Also the Season 1 DVD comes out on the 14th.

3. OldsCut78

OldsCut78 Laser Rod

I loved this line when I was younger and I am trying to get the Jumptroopers back.

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  5. Tyjos

It was an awesome series and the toyline was awesome....be nice if they re-release the toys to go along with the DVD Release[Doubt it since Playmates probably is busy with the new Star Trek Stuff]

6. pdpcdrive

pdpcdrive Well-Known Member

that's sweet! I'll have to check out the DVD releases and pick one up when I find it. I remember watching this show after school, back when cartoons were still being aired haha. This is also where some of my money went, lol my brother and me would get them. I think we had most if not all of the e-frames. We had at least the main characters that I remember... they're all stored in a box somewhere, and I believe they're missing quite a bit of missles.. :( 

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh wow, that's badass. I used to have almost all of the figures(talking about the exo squad stuff, not the invid crap) aside from the fighters.

Just turned on the first episode and the first thing to realy stand out was the idiot staring at the hologram of the girl dancing, to the super mario brothers underground level theme music, wtf? lol.

edit: Realized something else after a few more minutes, this was a kids show that not only had a storyline throughout the episodes(couple story arcs actually), but in even in just the first episode had casualties and corpses. After seeing the first episode now, it's seriously weird seeing some of that stuff in a kids cartoon, but this is one of those shows that actually had some quality compared to the crap I see on tv these days.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  8. Tyjos

Yeah...

The story arcs were good....

I got the first 5 episodes or so on VHS from the initial first VHS Releases back in those days...

Still it was a good solid story, not to many loose ends and if they didn't have the 52nd episode it'd have ended perfectly.

One of the greater Toons of the 90's another one is getting it's DVD release finally on the 28th and that's the X-Men TAS Series....that's a must get too.

9. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

I've got the one of JT's that has the normal mode and the bike mode and Thrax's ship i think.

10. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exosquad was probably my favorite toy line back in the day! All my E-frames were lost or broken during my childhood but hopefully I can buy them again in the future.

11. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Rooks Gang Leader

News Credits:
    I remember these. "You did great kid, you just joined Exo Squad."

But... can we get some photos, please?

12. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    I remember!

13. Tyjos

I'll get around to getting photos of my Exosquad stuff....recent ones I got were Napier's Police Eframe and another Pheaton Neosapien Command E-frame....

14. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD TFW2005 Supporter

best toyline / cartoon at the time.... filled the tf gap after g2

i can still remember the neo sapiens and how they probably were in the right to revolt

jump troopers were cool, anyone remeber the aliens at the end of the series?

15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

ah, another 91's line that went away too soon....

16. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    ON DVD??? FINALLY! I can finally upgrade from my VHS rip downloads I've been clutching all these years.

Easily one of my top 5 cartoons ever. The toys were pretty cool too. I like to think it was Exo Squad that influenced GI Joe's '94 and '02 mechs, though I'm far from certain.

The Neo Cat and Neo Lord figures were some of my favorite figures, but it's too bad other Neo Warriors weren't produced - the Velocirpator and Crab warriors would have been awesome.

17. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I have some e-frames as well as the reissues of the Matchbox Robotech stuff. I was thinking of selling them. Think there's any market for them? If not I'll probably just keep them.

Flickr: gargunkle's stuff tagged with exosquad

18. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Yeah, complete E-frames w/complete figures typically run $5-$15. The bigger Robotech stuff, like the Officers Battlepod, Invid Shock Trooper, etc I think go for about $25 - $40.

BTW, you have some of my favorite E-frames/Robotech mechs out of the series, especially that red/green Marsala one and the Thrax Neofighter :thumb 

19. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Heh thanks :) 
    Honestly I saw very little of the TV show and I only bought what looked cool. Back in those days I went toy shopping all the time (often to KB) and bought things from many different series.

I probably want to keep at least one of the Marauders (Zentradi commander) and larger Invids (grey) but have little affection for the others. I even found the boxes/cards from some of them and I might have one or more carded jump troopers.

20. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i remember that. those jumptroopers were cool too