exodus/war for cybertron/prime megatron=spartacus?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Sep 2, 2010.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

is it just me or does megatron coem acrosas bing in a manner of speaking the spartacus amonng his fellow cybertronians before the nager desperation and perceived betrayl he felt towards orion pax set in to corupt him into being the hateful warmonger and eathbringer that he would become dring the time of the war?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
  2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    He comes across as a "bad guy" to me.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    E/WFC/P Megatron= Sparta Leader.

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

hell yeah he does

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Be careful with the political analogies. We've got a no politics rule for a reason.

And I'd say it's definitely possible that there are shades of Spartacus in Megatron in Exodus. He starts out as a gladiator and kicks off a rebellion that exposes a massive amount of corruption among the ruling senate.

I'd say that there is a definite inspiration in there - intentional or not. It's a pity Exodus turned Megatron into something closer to his traditional depiction later on with the whole anger thing - I quite liked the inspiring freedom fighter far more than the warlord who kept his troops loyal by getting them hooked on Dark Energon.

6. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

Sounds like there's shades of Magneto in there. Starting out with good intentions but eventualy becoming the very thing you were fighting against.

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you fell for his lies - he's like Milton's Lucifer in that respect. He wanted to be the Prime, he admitted himself that all he wanted to give the low castes was a sense of importance that Sentinel/the High Council/Guilds did not. Taking Megatronus rather than Vector or Prima's name was a big clue. As Jazz pointed out in Megatron and Orion's conversations, he had a temper issue - a desire to fight anyone for his beliefs - which was clearly the reason he was not Matrix material, and his murder of Sentinel's spies showed him nothing more to be a depraved monster. Tragic yes, but no less than any bad person, although one can blame the Council for creating this monster with the caste system.