Exodus - Leads Into?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Silvershot, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Possible spoilers, so if you haven't finished the book, and don't want to know what happens, please turn back now!

So, I just finished the book yesterday, and while the general theory (and statement from Hasbro) is that this leads into G1, I see some evidence of this tying into the movie universe, as well.

I'm not saying this DOES lead into the movieverse, but here are my observations:

-Bumblebee is having vocoder problems, and usually cannot speak.
    -The Allspark gets ejected into space
    -Megatron and Optimus refer to themselves as "brothers" (in a philosphiocal sense)
    -At the end, the Autobots and Decepticons have warped into different areas in space - In Ghosts Of Yesterday, the movie prequel novel, they are on their respective ships, in different parts of space.
    -The autobots receive a signal from the cube, which will likely lead them to Earth.

This doesn't prove anything, of course, and I'm not trying to say this does lead into the movieverse, but I just found these observations quite interesting and worth mentioning.

What do you all think?

-Silvershot

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think it was written to be open ended enough to be whichever continuity it needs to be. The official word is it, and War for Cybertron, lead into Prime, but I found it to be open ended enough to fit a few series.

That said, I never read Ghosts of Yesterday. Sounds like it is equally Movieverse if that's where that novel picks up.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I was under the impression that Exodus ties into War For Cybertron...

4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Exodus -> WFC -> Prime

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's more like it's the novelisation of War for Cybertron. Certain events take place in both book and game - such as the defeat of Sentinel Zeta Prime and the activation of Omega, the Kaon Prison Break, etc.

Exodus just jumbles about the events a bit, and the first half is spent on the origins of Megatron and Orion Pax.

So more like:

Exodus = War for Cybertron --> Prime

Officially, anyway.

But as the original poster rightly states, it is ambiguous enough to fit with the Movie universe. Which makes sense really. Especially as "something" happens between War for Cybertron and Prime that leads to the Decepticons leaving Earth and a vanguard of Autobots staying behind.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  6. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I think the introduction of the AllSpark was unneccesary. As much as I like Animated and Bayformers, I'm tired of the AllSpark. Give it a break.

It is a lot like Bayformers, but Hasbro is only doing this for the new generation of fans coming in because of the movie. Little familiar nods to the films to help them adjust to new things, like Animated Megatron's Cybertronian helmet, Ratchet's emergency stripe, and of course the AllSpark.

But Exodus is a mess with how it contradicts War for Cybertron and vice-versa. The guy who wrote it, Alex Irvine, made about the DUMBEST mistake in history by not bothering to play the game while writing the novel. Had he just learned the actual story of the game before writing, THAT way he could tie in and expand without contradiction. It even contradicts itself. Other than that it's fantastic.

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He probably didn't know about the game and was probably just given an outline by Hasbro. Besides, the novel's story is much better than the game, just presenting that story with its endless shooting would've been horrible.

Anyway, for my thoughts on the matter, see my thread http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-general-discussion/319083-prime-speculation.html

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Exodus (and War For Cybertron) are intended to be the back-story for the new Prime continuity, and the Prime continuity is intended to be a new all-in-one continuity that meshes the best aspects of all the continuities, to make something familiar for fans of all ages that Hasbro can (in theory) work with for several years without having constant reboots