Exodus IS the prequel to WfC!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BlueFlame, Sep 29, 2010.

1. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

Hasbro says so here:

HASBRO -

The timeline contains stuff from Exodus leading into the game. And apparently Zeta and Sentinel Prime are one and the same. His actual name is Sentinel Zeta Prime?

anyone buying this? lol

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, Exodus told us a long time one (on its cover) that it was a prequel for War For Cybertron, so it makes sense Hasbro would do the same.

After its release, Matt Tieger said that Zeta Prime's full name is Zeta Sentinl Prime--I think some arm twisting took place, but the first pictures released of him did say Sentinel Prime next to his picture, not Zeta, so...

Some parts of the book could work with the game's story, the first half, but everything after the High Council meeting sits best on its own, especially the bit about Trypticon.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I think the story is excellent until about chapter 16 or whenever the war breaks out, then it just completely falls apart as a WFC tie-in on dozens of points.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I prefer the DS story as the "true" version of events.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Old news.

5. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

We already know this.

6. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

In other news, grass is green.

Seriously, we've known this from even before both the game and novel were released.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's obvious that Hasbro isn't terribly concerned with continuity. That's why they are claiming WFC is a prequel to Prime and also that the movies are as well.

So don't get too worked up over how things fit together just accept they do.

Personally I prefer to think of Exodus as it's own thing. I think it works better that way. Their Megatron and WFC Megatron seem completely different. But it's still a really cool book for a Transformers fan.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No they're not.

9. BlueFlame

That's great. I know you do. BUT I'm constantly seeing ppl say that it ISN'T, on here and on other TF boards, meaning ppl are still confused about it. Hence the post.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    But if they did then a number of Hasbro fanboys would be shouting everyone down that it it because Hasbro said so.

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I've never seen anybody say Exodus isn't WFC's prequel. Doesn't the cover pretty much say "The prequel to WFC" on it?

12. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It says the Official Story of the War for Cybertron.

And I don't see how this is a prequel. Unless only half the book is a prequel. Which wouldn't make much sense really.

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    People are saying that because it absolutely does not work as a prequel. It just doesn't fit with the game's story.

14. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well like it or not, Exodus is clearly an adaptation expansion (Adaptation Expansion - Television Tropes & Idioms) of WFC, incorporating the Prime show bible (Alex Irvine told me this in a message) and all its ideas (Optimus and Megatron's pre-war relationship, Trypticon's history, Alpha Trion as one of the 13, the Fallen's true name, what Energon and Dark Energon are, Jazz as Optimus's best friend, clarifying the Primus, Quintesson and AllSpark origins).

Think of Exodus as Marvel, WFC as the cartoon, and Prime as Beast Wars.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^This or think of it like a novel to movie adaptation. When was the last time you saw a movie that was 100% like the novel? Differences tend to happen when you have different people writing stories. Star Wars Episode IV, which has the same writer for the book and movie differs a little bit too, so sometimes it just doesn't matter. Different mediums sometimes offer better results, so why not exploit them?

War For Cybertron isn't all that different from the game really. They're more alike than they are different. I wouldn't be surprised if they were more alike during pre-production, and if somewhere down the line it was High Moon Studios that changed for reasons we don't know. Like I said in my first post, Zeta Prime was originally called Sentinel Prime (heck, they even have the same color scheme!) in his first public photos, and I wouldn't be too surprised if other changes were made as well.

16. BlueFlame

Yeah I know this too. LOL!