Exodus and Exiles Comparison to Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Ultra Magnotron, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has there been a comprehensive comparison (for lack of a better word) between the aligned continuity novels and Prime? I mean... one that lists the contradictions, the things that match, and also gives a pretty good overall summary of all that has happened up until now?

I ask because if such a thing does not exist I think I'd like to begin such a project.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are times when I'm watching the show, where I feel the connection between the two, especially when they were talking about Prime's past with Megatron. There are some inconsistencies, in Starscreams reaction to Dark Energon and Megatron using it on himself, but overall, it flows well-enough for my taste. I also like that Cliffjumper's face in FOC matches his look from Prime. I just hope they make a nod to his closeness to Arcee in the game. She could be the bot he communicates with while he's on his mission.

3. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    they're the same continuity family, not the same direct continuity (like how the Sunbow cartoon and Marvel comics are both G1, but not the same continuity)

4. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This does make me wonder about the War for Cybertron in the Prime continuity. It is mentioned that the Core was still corrupted by the war, much like in Exodus/WFC. Yet, if Dark Energon wasn't known at that time, I wonder if there will be something else that corrupts the core.

Maybe it will be retconned into "Super Energon" or another form of Synthetic Engergon?

5. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Me too. It's such a lovely oportunity to build on their relationship, and make episode one of Prime as emotionally deadening as they possibly can. I'd certainly be cruel enough to go there, and I hope they are. :D 

Yeah this seems to be the intent. Their early insistence that it was one story threw a lot of folks off, but it seems to have settled down a bit since they explained it properly.

I quite like that angle, since hopefully it means variations on this universe will be around for a while, and avoid the constant reboots of the past decade (because they can change up some aesthetics/themes enough to avoid getting stale, whilst maintaining the setting). So the next series after Prime is a spiritual successor, it may not be direct continuation (although it could also be that), but it furthers the story of 'The Transformers' as a whole, since they seem to like pushing Transformers as one entity these days.

6. Zequem

Zequem Well-Known Member

Haven't seen one yet. I've only seen a comparison between WFC and Exodus. I think overall Exodus/Exiles fit pretty well with Prime.

About the Dark Energon thing, I never saw too big contradiction that it would ruin the whole continuity. It's been a long time since they've been on Cybertron, and it could be that the Decepticons ran out of Dark Energon so it was forgotten. Starscream also said that "legend tells it has a power to revive the dead", something WFC or Exodus never touched. On Cybertron Decepticons used Dark Energon as a fuel instead of normal Energon, but Megatron on Earth planted it straight to his spark, which necessarily does not have the same effect. Sure, it still contradicts a little, but that's just my :2c: 

7. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally! A straight answer.

This means I'm going to begin the project. I just hope I can make some good progress before someone steals it from me. :rolleyes: 

8. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    *steals the project*