Exiles connection to Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by StarryAqua, Sep 20, 2011.

1. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    So what do you guys think. Do you believe the upcoming Exiles novel might have some similarities or connections, or even attempts, to establishing itself as connected to Prime? Will it still go its own way and make people bitch about the Aligned Continuity even more?

Also, is Exiles only supposed to be in paperback? I can't seem find anywhere that it will have a hardcover release.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exile is a continuation of Exodus, which has NOTHING to do with Prime, so why would you think this one will?[​IMG]

3. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I would normally agree with you, had the creators of the show not specifically stated Exodus as one of the elements they consulted for the backstory (it was in the interview where someone asked about Bumblebee's voice, to refresh your memory; they said the reason was the same as Exodus). Granted, I'm not expecting a whole lot of references, but I'm certain the plot will at least be non-contradictory enough to fit in Prime's past.

4. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    if im nto wrong Exiles was supposed to have Prime in the title for tie in with the show but the prime title was removed

5. IceMagnus

IceMagnus I like it loud!

News Credits:
    I think it is a continuing of Exodus. Also a prequel to the show TF: P

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since they are completely unrelated I'd wager no, they will not connect. I wouldn't be surprised if there are common elements, like how both Exodus and Prime use Dark Energon, but no, they will not have anything to do with each other.

And we'll get a better story for it.

No matter who claims what, at the end of the day the properties are blatantly unrelated and never intended by the creators to be continuous. The day they prove it, I will change this stance. But this is a very dead horse paste on the ground.

7. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I feel that, despite all these contradictions in the beginning, if they truly want to fit all of this together, they will do what it takes to make the franchises fit together better in the future. This continuity is supposed to last for a decade. Perhaps Exiles and WFC 2 will introduce new content, then in future episodes of Prime the elements will revolve around that new content, and they will go on from there.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So they consulted it, they still aren't the same thing. They may have barrowed from it, sure, but they barrowed from G1 and Beast Wars too, but it still isn't the same story as the novel--they are too different story-wise, character-wise and Dark Energon-wise.

9. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really.

But I do wonder if Alex Irvin was watching the show before writing this book, or knew anything about it. After all, he said he didn't play WFC or knew much about it, while writing Exodus...

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, seeing as "Exodus" was essentially a large checklist-chunk of Hasbro's new "Aligned" continuity story bible translated into narrative prose format, I fully expect "Exiles" to be much the same, translating whatever the chronologically-next bit of Hasbro's mapped-out over-arcing timeline for this multi-year continuity is into a novel. If that part of the story should happen to have anything to do with the part of the bible that "Prime" is centred on, so be it.

11. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Hey, I didn't say it would be perfect; I said that maybe there'd be few enough contradictions that you could semi-convincingly claim it as the show's backstory, at least until its own writers inevitably touch on that time period themselves and screw it up.

12. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the makers of the stories want it to connect, it will.

But on the otherhand, each to his own.

13. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't Exiles going to incorporate Prime in its title somehow, but that plan got axed along the way?

14. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

exiles I believe will be the bridge that connects prime to wfc, it will show how the bodies of the characters change and voices too. I hope so anyway

15. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Voices? it’s a book:) .

My advice is to not worry about it so much and just enjoy it. If you want them to connect go ahead if not that’s fine to, it’s not like any one series forces the other one down your throat. You could watch Prime and have never played/read WFC/Exodus and still enjoy the series and vice versa, together they just give you a richer experience.