Exiles and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron connection to Prime. Your predictions.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by StarryAqua, Oct 6, 2011.

1. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I know there are quite a few threads related to connecting material to Prime through Aligned, but the revealing of Fall of Cybertron (WFC 2) gets me thinking a bit. This is what I'm thinking:

First of all I haven't read Exiles yet so this is based on the GameInformer cover. So if spoilers of Exiles can be kept to yourselves, that would be appreciated. Think of this thread as a agree/disagree or possibility thread.

--In Exodus the Autobots leave on the Ark
    --In War for Cybertron the game ends with them building the Ark
    --The GameInformer cover art clearly shows Optimus and
    Grimlock and an injured Bumbleebee
    on Cybertron

The way I see it, since Exodus and WFC were the same story (in a sense), it would appear the story of Exiles happened first, and then the story of FOC happens after.

Like I said, I haven't read Exiles yet and we don't know the complete story of FOC--if it will follow after Exiles, be the game of Exiles itself, etc.

What do you all think.

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    There is no true guarantee that is
    Grimlock
    . For all we know it could be
    a new styled Trypticon

EDIT: Wait...why am I using spoiler tags? This is going to be on a cover for a magazine, not actual in-game story stuff.

My first spoiler tag says "Grimlock" the other says "a new styled Trypticon". Yes, I could just take off the tags, but I'm doing this instead.

All my spoiler tags will be concerning Exiles, for the most part, here on in.

3. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Dude, really? It's so clearly Grimlock that I'm not sure what the hell you're thinking.

4. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    I hate the idea of "good guys have blue eyes, and bad guys have red", but a lot of media does this nowadays which is what is making it a little more in the air for me.

TBH, the first thing I thought when I saw it was "T-rex? A new Trypticon? Grimlock? wtf?" Also, I don't fully understand their press release when they say "it's not a true sequel", so it makes me get weirded out with that, too. Don't take everything for face value.

5. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I can see what you mean, but in WFC continuity, all the TFs have "tron" lights. Autobots have red, cons purple. Trypticon also evidently died in the previous game.

As well, and much more conclusively, a member who played the game at PAX in a focus group stated that is in fact Grimlock.

6. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, the only "tron" lights in the two pictures are on Optimus holding Bumblebee, on his chest and abdomen. Bumblebee's internals appear to be blue (interestingly enough). T-Wrecks (just to be a dick), has red on him, but nothing concrete. The only true thing that potentially saves 'em as Grimlock is the gold on the tail, on the primarily grey body. But again, nothing concrete.

I don't believe Trypticon was actually confirmed dead, definitely defeated and fell a distance. And I have literally no idea what PAX is.

7. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    PAX = Penny Arcade Expo, a huge gaming convention, developers go there every year to show off their shit. It's nearly as big as E3.

Again, a man who played the game confirmed the dinosaur in the picture is Grimlock.

Remember when you thought Prime Unicron was The Fallen? This is like that. ;) 

8. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    I did not think the face was the Fallen, I hoped it. I didn't want it to be Unicron, but I kept the possibility open that it could've been anyone, including the Chaos Bringer along with his first Herald (I admit, what they finally did with the character was entirely a welcomed surprise).

9. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I'm just playing. But yeah, I wasn't too excited about Unicron either, what with the Unicron trilogy still a recent memory, but I ended up being really satisfied with how they did him.

So...do you believe me about it being Grimlock now? :lol 

10. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    I still keep it open as a strong possibility, but plans change. That's how I attempt to take everything in life, and that mindset has proven damn well, thus far (but again, things can change at a moment's notice). Regardless of preliminary speculation, I am currently very antsy to hear more news, and for the release!

11. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    As am I! It would seem they're gonna reveal something new everyday for a month on IGN, so let's get hyped for some news! :D 

12. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    This month?

13. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I believe so, yes. Either Gameinformer or IGN is doing it, though I think it's the latter.

14. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Really bitchin' to hear about the Combaticons!