Exclusives Question?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by kenm2474, May 12, 2010.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Are these going to be Downloadable? I preorderd at gamestop and am getting Shockwave but I want Jazz too. I'm not buying multiple copys and High Moon should know this for the majority of the people. I am just wondering if they will be downloadable in the future.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No one can say for sure whether we'll be able to buy other characters later on down the road or not, but as things stand now, these store exclusives are...exclusives; the only way to get character X is to purchase the character from store X.

Even the official site (under the pre-order section) says to pre-order the game at one of eight stores to get exclusive characters, so I’d assume that’s it—for now anyway.

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Thats kind of wrong on a certain degree as not all stores are within reach of some people and if they are and you like multiple exlusive characters the stores arent handing them out as you preorder. They are waiting till you pick up the Game to buy befor handing out a code slip for your character.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a feeling they'll be DLC in the future. Could be wrong, though.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, preordering the game is supposed to guarantee you a copy of the code for the DLC or code or exclusive game version with the character already on the disc. It’s a preorder incentive; however, should a store still have any preorder exclusive deals on-hand come release day, those lucky enough to snag a copy will be…well, lucky.

Yeah, I know all the stores aren’t assessable to most—I’m one of those folks. Toys R Us is all over the world, but the preorder exclusive is a US (I assume Canada, too) exclusive, so folks like me living in Japan and elsewhere are SOL on that front too :( 

6. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    This. And i can't see them NOT giving us all the characters, for which they'll likely charge in a full character pack or maybe release them slowly over time ... say one a week or fortnightly perhaps? Either i don't see them not giving us the ability to have all the characters that they've spent time and effort on creating. :wink:  :thumb 

7. warhokie

warhokie Well-Known Member

This is asuming the "exclusive" char's are DLC... if its like H.A.W.K.S.. the store preorder bouns jets were just a code puched into a screen in game...If they go that route.. all the preorder codes will be on

8. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Yup, that would be better, but fewer and fewer games are doing this now sadly.

9. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I remember in one of the interview videos where one of the developers kept referring to Shockwave as an unlockable character and an exclusive. I hope I'm right here, but my guess would be that you can unlock all the exclusive characters in the game by getting points in Escalation Mode, but you can get your favorite character sooner by pre-ordering instead of waiting to unlock it. So It sound like we can play as all of the exclusives but you have to unlock them.

:2c: 

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What video was that?