Exclusive No More: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City Coming to PS3 and PC

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Jan 29, 2010.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Dont know how much of you been waiting for this but come March 30th, it could be yours.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Much much much too late. I traded in my GTA too long ago to remember. Next time better than they release them at the same time.

3. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

In your face Microsoft.

4. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    You realize that this content was never supposed to be completely exclusive, right? Most "exclusive" content is time limited in some fashion, so most of it usually gets released for each platform at some point. Besides, how is this hurting MS? Most people who own both systems and wanted to play the content played it on the 360 instead of waiting. Seems like a win in my book.

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

The disc is stand alone.

6. george tremarco

george tremarco Well-Known Member

The hell? Do you seriously think that this is the result of an elaborate long con played by Rockstar to rip off MS for $50 mil, or do you think it's more likely that whatever arrangements took place between the companies, MS have always known exactly how long the 'exclusivity' deal was for and have no reason to feel the impact of anything 'in their faces'?

The mentality of fan-boys confounds me. I swear some people have no interest in buying the game when it hits 'their' system, they just want to feel some sort of satisfaction in rubbing the fact in peoples faces.

7. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

This:2c: 

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I was just about to get rid of my Xbox 360 copy and get the PS3 version so I wouldn't have to deal with its DLC (don't ask why, I guess I like my GTA to just be one game, and not one game plus two episodes), but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...:banghead: 

9. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

^Yours is a strange complaint

Anyways this is good news I do intend to put together an i7 rig sometime next month this willl be one of the first games I get.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then the "Too late" part. I don't support third party exclusive paid-off DLC. That's just me. Not dissing it, and everyone has done it, I just don't support it. GTA is a huge game and keeping shit like this from one gaming group sux. So even if it is standalone, too late is my other reason. WAY too many great titles coming out in the following months to care about a recycle.

Goes both ways, pal. Like I said, GTA is a huge title, and have a strong following. When you feel that the only reason you didn't get such a good DLC is because someone was paid off to keep it from you, your response when it finally happens tends to be a little illogical and pissed off. I'm 100% certain that should have the same happened in reverse, Xbox fanboys would have been up in arms.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  11. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Someone call me when they have 'em for sale on Steam. I'm so sick of Games for Windows LIVE bullshit.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The DLC got GTA was always planned to be a timed exclusive. The video game industry is a money making juggernaut. Accept it a move on.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fact that most people don't care about this indicates that "moving on" was done quite a while back. We're talking Mass Effect and MAG now.. GTA4 is a major "been there done that". I just find the notion that only now is this being milked out, funny.

14. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Well I said that because I'm tired of MicroSoft exclusives.

I well believe that console of GTA should be Sony only. Now since they moved GTA to the DS. I'm ok with that. Besides I think if Rockstar North wanna make games for the Xbox 360, it should be for Sony too, don't forget who brought them to the console world.

Besides, Microsoft left a bad taste in my mouth since I've heard info on how they bullied their way for Oddworld: Abe's Exodus.

Don't mind me, carry on.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it should be exclusive to Sony any more than it should be to MS. First Party games are one thing, but another example is Star Ocean coming out this month for PS3. Anyway no big deal. For those who have been looking forward to it, it's an awesome DLC, but I just can't stand paid exclusive DLC, especially something as huge as GTA which has a lot of supporters.

16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i knew this was gonna come over to the PS3, but what i always was wondering was "how long will this be a 360 exclusive"

i figured the time exclusive would end somewhere around the latter have of the year.

17. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait a min.
    You want GTA to be on Sony consoles only yet any 360 game Rockstar make has to be on both the 360 and PS3.
    Kinda one sides isn't it?

And you apparently forgotten that GTA3 and Vice City were released on the Xbox.

Also, if you heard some of the stuff that that goes on in Rockstar North you might think twice about them.

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly, Rockstar screwed themselves out of my money that game is no longer any interest to me. I have GOW 3 and Final Fantasy 13 coming out soon why would I go back to that old game?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  19. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

You obviously have, Lemmings and Uniracers before your time kid?

20. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I don't think it is worth it for Microsoft to pay $50 million for these two DLC to stay exclusive to 360 for only a year (or in case of the 2nd DLC, less than a year). Next time Microsoft should put that $50m to better use, like true exclusive titles such as Forza 3 and Mass Effect.