exclusive figure set for Botcon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, Mar 16, 2007.

1. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I'd love to see Sunstorm as well. One thing I'm suprised at is that BB's mold could be used for Runamuck and Runabout, I'd rather see one of them instead of bugbit or bugshit or whatever his name is, just take off the wave cruiser and give each of them a gun from a previous line.

2. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ya know, I think a Runabout and Runamuck set would be awesome. I hadn't really thought of it before (although I know people have mentioned it). Their G1 toys are horrible.

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like this idea.

4. unicron's blues

I had that epiphany while I was in the shower today, it'd make the set even more of a must have for me.

5. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I guess they didn't go that route simply because Bug Bite (based on his eHobby incarnation) wouldn't need a head remold.

If that what it takes to have Thrust with his proper wings, then I'm all for it.

-airfox

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It's really too bad that the original waves of Autobot Classics didn't contain a reusable car mode other than Bumblebee/Cliffjumper. They could have squeezed Prowl & Bluestreak and even Jazz & Red Alert out of just one mold if they really wanted to. Oh well.

I do like the idea of Runamuck & Runabout from BB's mold, though. Not because I like those characters at all, but it would have at least made a bit more sense than whatever/whoever Bugbite is. And as much as I like Jetfire's mold, I don't think it should be re-used as some fairly random & unknown Decepticon.

Since I won't be attending, I kind of hope that the bonus attendee figure isn't someone like Sunstorm.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I would still like to see the Prime mold used for Nemesis Prime/Scourge, despite the many customs made of it.

That being said, there've been a multitude of customs made of the Classics Seekers as well . . .

8. unicron's blues

I agree, honestly my ideal set would be to have the remaining 3 seekers and Runamuck or Runabout and the Dreadwind guy as the Main 5, have Sunstorm as the attendee exclusive and then have like Nemesis Prime and the other battle charger as the additional sets, granted that leaves no autobots but I think mold wise those would make the most sense and certainly then you wouldnt have any space filler characters either.

9. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    I think Sunstorm and Nemesis prime would have been a nice possibility for convention exclusive 2 pack. I think they will probebly go with 2 autobots to offset all the cons. I think there will be a fourth version of the BB mold and the other repaint will be rodimus with the yellow wings removed and maybe a different head. The bonus figure will probebly be cybertron molds made into beach bomber or huffer. I was thinking maybe a repaint of grimlock but couldn't come up with a obscure con.

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please please please - no Nemisis Anything.

It's weird. So many people bitch about it whenever we get the Nemisis Prime repaints, then when we have no Nemsis for a mold, people keep asking for it. Damn these vocal minorities :) 

11. butheadimus prime

Ebay:
    I hardly call us a minority either, you have a better idea for a repaint of the prime mold and the motor master thing is a much worse idea

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally have no problem with Prime being repainted into a Nemesis Prime, but, I do prefer the name Scourge. It for some odd reason sounds better to me.

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I prefer "BLACK CONVOY" or "NEMESIS PRIME" for this reason:

Optimus (or 'optimum') = "greatest degree attained or attainable under implied or specified conditions"

Prime ('prime') = first in rank, authority, or significance; having the highest quality or value

Nemesis ('nemesis') = one that inflicts retribution or vengeance; a formidable and usually victorious rival or opponent

Convoy and Black Convoy are a little more obvious I think :) 

(*definitions from Merriam-Webster Online)

14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I remember the days when there was never any desire, let alone expectation, to have Prime repainted at all. Obviously some secondary characters warranted being repaints & slight remolds of each other, but many others did just fine having their own unique designs without ever having a evil/good or repainted counterpart. Prime was definitely one of those characters... of course up until the mini Ultra Magnus & Nemesis wankery became commonplace fodder.

Personally, I've always viewed Prime as just Prime - the easily recognizable & iconic leader of the Autobots - not a design template to squeeze multiple character and/or personality incarnations out of. I guess those of us that think his design should be left solely to his character are now the minority, which imo, is unfortunate.

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've always loved doppelgangers myself. They can often times make for some of the most interesting foes. :) 

16. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    True enough, and at times, I also like the idea. But more often than not, I just think it's cheesy and extremely cliche.

I've always liked the idea of arch nemesis' more than anything. Stuff like Prime to Megatron, Jetfire to Starscream and/or Shockwave, Soundwave to Blaster, the Dinobots to Devastator and/or the Predacons, Rodimus & Magnus to Galvatron & Cyclonus, etc.

I personally find it far more interesting to see different characters of similar or equal strength with entirely different powers/abilities/transforms go at it more than someone fighting themselves... who are evil and - of course - painted black to easily identify that they're evil.

:) 

17. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apparently it is, because you never get equal amounts of both sides at the same time. It's always all one way or the other.

And nope, I don't have a better idea for it. I don't think it needs to be repainted again. If it did have to, then yeah, I probably would go for Motormaster over Nemisis - at least that way it's not solid black.

18. butheadimus prime

Ebay:
    Ok some peeps don't want primes mold tobe used again for another character but it's ok for screamers mold to be used a billion times. I get thats how Hasbro did it in G1 and gave them all distinct personallities. Primes wasused only for the cab of magnus. Here's where I get my logic from. The bots and cons are fighting a long drawn out war. It would make sense to mass produce the best designs ie seekers. Magnus and Prime were supposed to be of the same design except Magnus had armor on (according to the recent comics). Who can't like this idea, they obviously had one ofthe best auto bot designs. Is it out of the realm of possibilties that there was more ofthe same design out there and maybe one who is jealous of prime and magnus possition. I like the name nemesis prime or maybe dark prime. Scourge is a waste of name because it isn't even close to the scourge we all know. Cool name though

19. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh, I like that as well (arch enemies) :) 

20. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a thought...

Sunstorm and Ghost Starscream as higher priced offers??