Exclusive Animated Leader Class Ultra Magnus Review *pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by jtuarus, Jul 8, 2008.

1. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    So look who showed his face on my doorstep today none other than animated ultra magnus. and here is the first review so lets get to it then.

first off his vehicle mode is quite accurate to his cartoon apperance and rolls nicely but not sure if you can see in the pics he is more blueish than white on his cab like a powder blue id say. everything on him is seemless and you dont see any robot kibble except if you look underneath. he didnt come with batteries so i dont know if he has vehicle sounds ill update later when i get some.all his weapons deploy in vehicle mode also except for the hammer of course. now on to transformation. Vehicle mode 9/10

its a lot more challenging then Leader Megatron and about the same as BH alot of panel sliding on his arms and his leg trans formation is cool you slide the wheels to the back to form his heels and back legs. all his weapons can come out to make him aa amory in and of himself. the hammer im not sure how it traansforms but seems to open when you filp down the handle. all in all a sweet transformation to robot mode leaving hardly any sign of his vehicle mode except for his shoulders. Transformation 10/10 LOVE IT.

and his robot mode is stunning he makes his face when you press the button but i havent got the batteries right now to show see what they say.(but i do think its been reported what he says) When he is transformed he is the tallest animated leader so far. only gripe i have with his robot mode is his arms have the articulation but cause of the cab you cant make his arm do the 90 degree hold but thats minimal. he has a regalness about him and he commands respect in both modes. But when you have all his weapons unleashed OMG he looks BADASS and ready to blow away any decepticons.
    Robot mode 9/10
    all in all he is an awsome fig and i highly recomend him he is just awsome and is ready to lead the autobots to victory. if you can GET him dont think about it GET HIM he is pure animated WIN. now here is the pics.

UPDATE* got batteries in him and he does the transformation sound when you click his arms on the back. in vehicle mode he has a small red button on his left side that makes shooting sounds. and he has the three quotes reported his eyes flash green when you hit his logoalong with his brow and mouth moving his cannons also flash a yellow along with his symbol. also i got the shoulders up higher than in the pics so it looks right ill pdate those pics later today.plus his hammer trigger is pulling down on the handle to nake it pop open
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry this pic came out blurry but its more for comparison
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and his hammer
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so is it white plastic at the front of the vehicle or is it a light blue? i thought it was white? that blue sucks on it imo. all those stock photos make it look white, which would be better.

3. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Do the shoulders move up at all?

They seem to be lower than they should be.

4. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

i think he's awesome. and are those flip out chain guns attached to his shoulders? if so i can’t wait to have one!

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty sweet looking....I'll be picking this one up too when he hits mass retail.

And I am so glad that he isnt a Prime repaint.

6. jtuarus

Ebay:
    no its a really really light blue and it would probably look better white

they might be its on a swing hinge so i could try to lift them a bit but i was following the instructions sooo.

yes they are and yes you should buy him

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    *paws*

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Do those rear blue flaps fold flatter, i.e. covering the hinges in the legs?
    They're just hanging out in both modes in your pics.

9. jtuarus

Ebay:
    No fort max thats as flat as they go thats why he got a point taken away from him along with the blueish hue of the cab but those are the only problems with vehicle mode also updated with his sounds and lights the green eyes are F'in Sweet.

10. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    Looks very good. Seems to be a MASSIVE figure - especially in the shoulders. I guess that's to be expected from UM. I will pick this up if I haven't gone bankrupt by the time he hits retail.

11. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    He looks pretty awesome. I like that everything goes somewhere in robot mode.
    His thumbs would probably look better white though.

He looks nice with Optimus, which I'm going to have him standing near on my shelf.

12. UltraDevmodious

Soooo awesome! Oh I will! He's been pre ordered on BBTS since it was made available. Hopefully I get wave 4 deluxes, Blitzwing, and Magnus all shipped to me at the same time! That will be a glorious day indeed!

13. Fort Max

News Credits:
    Thanks, that seems like a fairly large oversight really. It makes it look rather messy from the back and how hard would it have been to make them fit properly. First Bumblbee's stingers & Lockdown's hands, now this, the engineering is a bit poorly executed on some of these figures. :( 

14. koffanatic

koffanatic Animated Maniac

News Credits:
    man, jtuarus, that's a nice write up!

magnus sure looks way cool! can't wait for mine to arrive (damn soon). need him...

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy pass Hasbro can do better.

16. UltraDevmodious

Fortunately, I feel it’s easy to overlook. I won’t be opening Magnus as I am getting him collector’s grade to keep MISB. So I’ll never see that.

17. jtuarus

Ebay:
    so is this worthy of a frontpage it has been my dream since i was a wee lad. j/k but i told you kenm2472 whats wierd is he arrived before i got the email with his tracking #

18. xSEANxLONGx

xSEANxLONGx Big Kid

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get mine! THANK YOU FOR THIS! :) 

19. Fort Max

News Credits:
    They do even less in bot mode. ;) 

20. jtuarus

Ebay:
    wow ty sean its my first "first review" if you catch my meaning . and to have one of the top reviewers thank me thats awsome. im gonna try to make a video one using my ps3 but not sure if it will work.