Excluding Transformers,who do you think is the tallest giant robot in anime?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by BDuncan, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Read the post above yours:dunce 

But yea the Deucalion is the biggist non Transformer I've seen, and due to its "AI" its more then a transforming ship

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    V'ger trumps anime. V'ger trumps all.

Okay, I'll stop. :D 

The only bigass Mech I can think of is the SDF-1, from Macross, which is comparatively small when put next to that dude in the screencap on the previous page.

3. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Someone hasnt updated Wikipedia.

The Diebuster SEVERELY outsizes Gunbuster and DanGuard Ace. It also outsizes the SDF-1 by a large order of magnitude. While Gainax never gave us measurements, Diebuster is slightly taller then Earth's diameter. It is HUGE and is a true super robot, unlike the humanoid spaceships you generally see at that size scale. (It even does an Inuzama kick)

On a related note, its pilot (Buster Machine #7) is most likely the smallest super robots ever created and is easilly on the same power scale as the original Gunbuster mecha. This makes her one of the most powerful anime beings ever.

Gainax REALLY went over the top on this one. It's filled with ridiculously powerful weapon attacks and mecha in general, lots of nice homages to the original series (Buster Machine March!), and one bittersweet ending that always makes me tear up. And I love/adore Gainax for making it. All is forgiven for Evangelion!

I cant wait until it gets released in the US.